email attachment issue

Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook express.
But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email message.
As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in advance.
6 answers Last reply
More about email attachment issue

    Outlook Express cannot read Outlook's RTF format. You have to send in Plain
    Text, or use OE to send.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

    "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
    > receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook
    > express.
    > But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email
    > message.
    > As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
    > settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in
    > advance.

    Your friends must set their Outlook
    Express/Tools/Options/Security [fourth checkbox] to allow
    attachments. OUTLOOK uses a more sophisticated method to
    block and allow attachments, OE just blocks all or allows
    all.

    some support

    "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    | Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my
    recipients could only
    | receive the email message but not the attachment if they
    use outlook express.
    | But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment
    and email message.
    | As these users are of different companies i suspect the
    problem is the
    | settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to
    resolve? Thks in advance.

    Not true. I receive emails all the time that were composed in RTF and I
    receive them with OE. Note, Bruce, that the OP said they couldn't see the
    attachments, not the messages.

    Alias

    "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote

    > Outlook Express cannot read Outlook's RTF format. You have to send in
    > Plain Text, or use OE to send.
    > --
    > Bruce Hagen
    > MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    > ~IB-CA~
    >
    > "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
    >> receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook
    >> express.
    >> But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email
    >> message.
    >> As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
    >> settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in
    >> advance.

    Outlook Express cannot read attachments sent when the message is composed in
    Outlook's RTF format.
    --
    Ron Sommer

    "Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
    > Not true. I receive emails all the time that were composed in RTF and I
    > receive them with OE. Note, Bruce, that the OP said they couldn't see the
    > attachments, not the messages.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote
    >
    >> Outlook Express cannot read Outlook's RTF format. You have to send in
    >> Plain Text, or use OE to send.
    >> --
    >> Bruce Hagen
    >> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    >> ~IB-CA~
    >>
    >> "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
    >>> receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook
    >>> express.
    >>> But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email
    >>> message.
    >>> As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
    >>> settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in
    >>> advance.

    "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
    > receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook
    express.
    > But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email
    message.
    > As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
    > settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in
    advance.

    Your best bet is to post your question in an Outlook Express
    newsgroup. This is where the OE experts hang out.

    Sorry, but Bruce is correct IMO. Your experiences notwithstanding, OL's RTF
    formatting is a known troublemaker in OE, especially if there's an
    attachment.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    Alias wrote:
    > Not true. I receive emails all the time that were composed in RTF and I
    > receive them with OE. Note, Bruce, that the OP said they couldn't see the
    > attachments, not the messages.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote
    >
    > > Outlook Express cannot read Outlook's RTF format. You have to send in
    > > Plain Text, or use OE to send.
    > > --
    > > Bruce Hagen
    > > MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    > > ~IB-CA~
    > >
    > > "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
    > > > receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook
    > > > express.
    > > > But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email
    > > > message.
    > > > As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
    > > > settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in
    > > > advance.

Outlook Express Email Microsoft Windows XP