email attachment issue

September 7, 2005 1:26:02 AM

Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook express.
But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email message.
As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in advance.

More about : email attachment issue

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 3:34:28 AM

Outlook Express cannot read Outlook's RTF format. You have to send in Plain
Text, or use OE to send.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

"inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
> receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook
> express.
> But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email
> message.
> As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
> settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in
> advance.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:51:37 AM

Your friends must set their Outlook
Express/Tools/Options/Security [fourth checkbox] to allow
attachments. OUTLOOK uses a more sophisticated method to
block and allow attachments, OE just blocks all or allows
all.

some support

"inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my
recipients could only
| receive the email message but not the attachment if they
use outlook express.
| But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment
and email message.
| As these users are of different companies i suspect the
problem is the
| settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to
resolve? Thks in advance.
Related resources
September 7, 2005 4:43:02 PM

Not true. I receive emails all the time that were composed in RTF and I
receive them with OE. Note, Bruce, that the OP said they couldn't see the
attachments, not the messages.

Alias

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote

> Outlook Express cannot read Outlook's RTF format. You have to send in
> Plain Text, or use OE to send.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~
>
> "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
>> receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook
>> express.
>> But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email
>> message.
>> As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
>> settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in
>> advance.

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:43:03 PM

Outlook Express cannot read attachments sent when the message is composed in
Outlook's RTF format.
--
Ron Sommer

"Alias" <aka@[notme]maskedandanonymous.org> wrote in message
> Not true. I receive emails all the time that were composed in RTF and I
> receive them with OE. Note, Bruce, that the OP said they couldn't see the
> attachments, not the messages.
>
> Alias
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote
>
>> Outlook Express cannot read Outlook's RTF format. You have to send in
>> Plain Text, or use OE to send.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~
>>
>> "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
>>> receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook
>>> express.
>>> But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email
>>> message.
>>> As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
>>> settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in
>>> advance.

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 6:42:40 PM

"inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all. When i send an email with attachment, my recipients could only
> receive the email message but not the attachment if they use outlook
express.
> But if they use outlook they can receive both attachment and email
message.
> As these users are of different companies i suspect the problem is the
> settings on my side. Is there anything i can set to resolve? Thks in
advance.

Your best bet is to post your question in an Outlook Express
newsgroup. This is where the OE experts hang out.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 10:26:16 PM

Sorry, but Bruce is correct IMO. Your experiences notwithstanding, OL's RTF
formatting is a known troublemaker in OE, especially if there's an
attachment.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

!