Pin ideas: Dukes of Hazzard, Grand Theft Auto and Angels &..

I think these 3 would be great candidates for licensed machines.

As for DoH & GTA, they're more for the urban & younger crowd, although
I'm sure adults (like myself) enjoy them too. Hot chicks, fast car
chases and pumping music. Only Steve Ritchie can do it.

As for A&D, I thought it was a great novel, with many details in it.
That, plus the imagery, symbolism and story would make for a great
playing game. Personally, I felt it was a bit more exciting than Da
Vanci Code.I could see this designed by Pat Lawlor or John Popadiuk,
wherever he may be. Don't forget, it's a
multi-multi-multi-multi-million seller all over the world. It's a
household name worldwide. Give it a design and feel like TAF, TOTAN, TZ
or ToM.

BOOK SPOILERS...

I love how they used ambigrams of Earth, Air, Water & Fire. They could
use these in the game somehow, along with imagery of the Vatican,
various symbols and other places in Rome.

Just my ideas, whatch'all think?

-Joel
18 answers Last reply
More about ideas dukes hazzard grand theft auto angels

    I think either of these two would do well, although
    it may be a little late for DoH. The original series
    would have held more interest to me. Nothing wrong with
    the modern version, but there will always just be one
    "Roscoe P. Coltrane" for me. ;)

    GTA is getting some bad press these days, so it's time
    has likely passed as well...

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    ================================

    JoelOmatik@aol.com wrote:
    > I think these 3 would be great candidates for licensed machines.
    >
    > As for DoH & GTA, they're more for the urban & younger crowd, although
    > I'm sure adults (like myself) enjoy them too. Hot chicks, fast car
    > chases and pumping music. Only Steve Ritchie can do it.

    The playfield should have many different spinners on it, like
    Whirlwind, and has to be cocked so far to the right the flippers and
    outhole would have to be moved to that side, right above the shooter
    lane.

    screw all the licensees.. High Speed III , baby !

    Marcel

    Another great theme would be

    "Spay/Neuter your pet"

    If placed in strategic areas of inner cities and ghettos it could
    really get the message out and reduce hundreds of healthy and friendly
    (non ferril) pet from getting put to sleep, who's only crime is not
    having a home. Too bad we can't take that same tact with the "homeless"
    drunken bumbs at every street corner begging for hand outs.

    Have fun, Karl.

    ldnayman wrote:
    > Wow, almost as good as your "Billy Graham" idea...
    >
    > I'm holding out for the Terry (who?) Schiavo pin myself...

    Thanks, I keep thinking....

    Also Hatelie holloway could have potential, it could have an under
    (water) playfield where you search but never actulay find her. Sad
    story, great pin!

    Karl.

    Ron Strom is that you?

    ldnayman wrote:
    > Ron Strom is that you?
    >
    > Karl wrote:
    > > Another great theme would be
    > >
    > > "Spay/Neuter your pet"

    Uh, no, I'm Karl in Phoenix AZ.

    Who is Ron Strom???

    Karl.

    Do we get Jessica in short shorts and a tight halter top on the
    backglass?

    Mmmmm!!!! >:P

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    =====================
    tschw10117@aol.com wrote:
    > Do we get Jessica in short shorts and a tight halter top on the
    > backglass?

    Pin Idea..

    American History X

    Kick ass pin!

    Karl.

    > Angles & Demons

    Although I thought A&D was a better book, The Da Vinci Code is better
    known to the general public. Hopefully the movie will be a success
    though and A&D will be the 2nd in the series...THEN a pin would work.
    Of course Digital Fortress would be even better. ;)

    Barry - NY

    I think the translite would outsell the pins 10 to 1

    Of course, it would look better in the style of the older backglasses
    like on Eight Ball or Strikes and Spares!

    -

    http://www.myhomegameroom.com

    tschw10117@aol.com wrote:
    > Do we get Jessica in short shorts and a tight halter top on the
    > backglass?

    Nothing will beat my self cleaning pin. All those extra trolls from RCT
    will be brought to life(Chucky) and will clean, change rubber rings ,
    and replace lites:) :) . Then I'll get sued for IP from the movie
    industry. LOL!

    "John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in

    > I think the translite would outsell the pins 10 to 1
    >
    > Of course, it would look better in the style of the older backglasses
    > like on Eight Ball or Strikes and Spares!
    >
    > -
    Hey, a mention of both my machines!

    You would never get it past the P/C crowd...

    A&D-I'm looking for the "wizard mode" there. Would it be "race across
    Rome trying to save the Bishops", or would they be the intermediary
    tasks that have to be completed before starting the "Unmask the Pope"
    round? Yawn.

    Digital Fortress? You have got to be kidding. I nearly put the book
    down when I read about mr. supergeek fixing a server with a soldering
    iron while laying on his back inside the machine. While the hunt for
    the bad guy is an interesting pin theme, it really didn't fly in
    previous attempts like Whodunnit? Yawn.

    Stern can't make niche themes from books that haven't been made into a
    movie. They might as well do a Firepower III, since it will have the
    same level of name recognition of any of the aforementioned Dan Brown
    books in the eyes of the general public.

    Craig

    On 3 Aug 2005 15:17:59 -0700, "Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com)"
    <Backglass@gmail.com> wrote:

    >> Angles & Demons
    >
    >Although I thought A&D was a better book, The Da Vinci Code is better
    >known to the general public. Hopefully the movie will be a success
    >though and A&D will be the 2nd in the series...THEN a pin would work.
    >Of course Digital Fortress would be even better. ;)
    >
    >Barry - NY

    > Digital Fortress? You have got to be kidding.

    Nope...not kidding. It was a kick-ass story. I work for a software
    company and didnt find it at all far-fetched (I dont recall the
    soldering iron scene though...would agree with that).

    Suggestion: Get some sleep so you can stop the annoying yawning.

    Barry - NY

    >> I think either of these two would do well, although
    it may be a little late for DoH. The original series
    would have held more interest to me.

    EXACTLY. I meant the original series being reproduced as a pin, not the
    movie version. The movie looks really stupid.

    The original TV series was basically Getaway in the deep south, but
    with extra humor and shennanigans. The quotes are timeless and I just
    LOVE the high-paced banjo car chase music.

    One more thing...who the F*** decided to cast Burt Reynolds as Boss
    Hogg???

    -Joel

    Dukes of Hazzard - too late.
    Grand Theft Auto - too much bad press about violent video games lately.

Games Video Games