Pin ideas: Dukes of Hazzard, Grand Theft Auto and Angels &..

I think these 3 would be great candidates for licensed machines.

As for DoH & GTA, they're more for the urban & younger crowd, although
I'm sure adults (like myself) enjoy them too. Hot chicks, fast car
chases and pumping music. Only Steve Ritchie can do it.

As for A&D, I thought it was a great novel, with many details in it.
That, plus the imagery, symbolism and story would make for a great
playing game. Personally, I felt it was a bit more exciting than Da
Vanci Code.I could see this designed by Pat Lawlor or John Popadiuk,
wherever he may be. Don't forget, it's a
multi-multi-multi-multi-million seller all over the world. It's a
household name worldwide. Give it a design and feel like TAF, TOTAN, TZ
or ToM.

BOOK SPOILERS...

I love how they used ambigrams of Earth, Air, Water & Fire. They could
use these in the game somehow, along with imagery of the Vatican,
various symbols and other places in Rome.

Just my ideas, whatch'all think?

-Joel

I think either of these two would do well, although
it may be a little late for DoH. The original series
would have held more interest to me. Nothing wrong with
the modern version, but there will always just be one
"Roscoe P. Coltrane" for me. ;)

GTA is getting some bad press these days, so it's time
has likely passed as well...

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
================================

JoelOmatik@aol.com wrote:
> I think these 3 would be great candidates for licensed machines.
>
> As for DoH & GTA, they're more for the urban & younger crowd, although
> I'm sure adults (like myself) enjoy them too. Hot chicks, fast car
> chases and pumping music. Only Steve Ritchie can do it.

The playfield should have many different spinners on it, like
Whirlwind, and has to be cocked so far to the right the flippers and
outhole would have to be moved to that side, right above the shooter
lane.

screw all the licensees.. High Speed III , baby !

Marcel

karl

Another great theme would be

"Spay/Neuter your pet"

If placed in strategic areas of inner cities and ghettos it could
really get the message out and reduce hundreds of healthy and friendly
(non ferril) pet from getting put to sleep, who's only crime is not
having a home. Too bad we can't take that same tact with the "homeless"
drunken bumbs at every street corner begging for hand outs.

Have fun, Karl.

karl

ldnayman wrote:
> Wow, almost as good as your "Billy Graham" idea...
>
> I'm holding out for the Terry (who?) Schiavo pin myself...

Thanks, I keep thinking....

Also Hatelie holloway could have potential, it could have an under
(water) playfield where you search but never actulay find her. Sad
story, great pin!

Karl.

Ron Strom is that you?

Karl wrote:
> Another great theme would be
>
> "Spay/Neuter your pet"
>
> If placed in strategic areas of inner cities and ghettos it could
> really get the message out and reduce hundreds of healthy and friendly
> (non ferril) pet from getting put to sleep, who's only crime is not
> having a home. Too bad we can't take that same tact with the "homeless"
> drunken bumbs at every street corner begging for hand outs.
>
> Have fun, Karl.

karl

ldnayman wrote:
> Ron Strom is that you?
>
> Karl wrote:
> > Another great theme would be
> >
> > "Spay/Neuter your pet"

Uh, no, I'm Karl in Phoenix AZ.

Who is Ron Strom???

Karl.

Do we get Jessica in short shorts and a tight halter top on the
backglass?

Mmmmm!!!! >:p

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=====================
tschw10117@aol.com wrote:
> Do we get Jessica in short shorts and a tight halter top on the
> backglass?

> Angles & Demons

Although I thought A&D was a better book, The Da Vinci Code is better
known to the general public. Hopefully the movie will be a success
though and A&D will be the 2nd in the series...THEN a pin would work.
Of course Digital Fortress would be even better. ;)

Barry - NY

I think the translite would outsell the pins 10 to 1

Of course, it would look better in the style of the older backglasses
like on Eight Ball or Strikes and Spares!

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

tschw10117@aol.com wrote:
> Do we get Jessica in short shorts and a tight halter top on the
> backglass?

Frost

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2001

Nothing will beat my self cleaning pin. All those extra trolls from RCT
will be brought to life(Chucky) and will clean, change rubber rings ,
and replace lites:) :) . Then I'll get sued for IP from the movie
industry. LOL!

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in

> I think the translite would outsell the pins 10 to 1
>
> Of course, it would look better in the style of the older backglasses
> like on Eight Ball or Strikes and Spares!
>
> -
Hey, a mention of both my machines!

You would never get it past the P/C crowd...

A&D-I'm looking for the "wizard mode" there. Would it be "race across
Rome trying to save the Bishops", or would they be the intermediary
tasks that have to be completed before starting the "Unmask the Pope"
round? Yawn.

Digital Fortress? You have got to be kidding. I nearly put the book
down when I read about mr. supergeek fixing a server with a soldering
iron while laying on his back inside the machine. While the hunt for
the bad guy is an interesting pin theme, it really didn't fly in
previous attempts like Whodunnit? Yawn.

Stern can't make niche themes from books that haven't been made into a
movie. They might as well do a Firepower III, since it will have the
same level of name recognition of any of the aforementioned Dan Brown
books in the eyes of the general public.

Craig

On 3 Aug 2005 15:17:59 -0700, "Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com)"
<Backglass@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Angles & Demons
>
>Although I thought A&D was a better book, The Da Vinci Code is better
>known to the general public. Hopefully the movie will be a success
>though and A&D will be the 2nd in the series...THEN a pin would work.
>Of course Digital Fortress would be even better. ;)
>
>Barry - NY

> Digital Fortress? You have got to be kidding.

Nope...not kidding. It was a kick-ass story. I work for a software
company and didnt find it at all far-fetched (I dont recall the
soldering iron scene though...would agree with that).

Suggestion: Get some sleep so you can stop the annoying yawning.

Barry - NY

>> I think either of these two would do well, although
it may be a little late for DoH. The original series
would have held more interest to me.

EXACTLY. I meant the original series being reproduced as a pin, not the
movie version. The movie looks really stupid.

The original TV series was basically Getaway in the deep south, but
with extra humor and shennanigans. The quotes are timeless and I just
LOVE the high-paced banjo car chase music.

One more thing...who the F*** decided to cast Burt Reynolds as Boss
Hogg???

-Joel