Pinball World Cup rules & regulations

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

Attached is the rulesheet for the USA vs Sweden match. Since I don't
have everyones email on the US team so I am posting this here. Anyones
"Helpful" input would be appreciated. And no, sorry Roy, no Dutch team
:)

*****************PINBALL WORLD CUP RULES*******************

- Since we need seven games for the match; each team selects 4 games
to play (No Gottlieb or EM games, as agreed by Keith/KME and
Stefan/FEZ). The other team then votes which of the 4 games they DO
NOT wish to play. We take the 2 games we each vote out and flip a coin
to determine which one will stay.

The match will be played on seven different games. If the teams select
the same game, one team (shouldn't be a big deal to decide who) has to
replace this game with another.

We play...
- 7 head to head matches. Every player in the team plays each player
in the opposing team once. (1 point / win)
- 4 split flipper matches (4 points / win)
- 2 triples (4 points / win)

The head to head matches will be played first followed by the split
flipper / triples matches (played simultaneously).

Total head to head match points: 49
Split-flipper: 16
Triples: 8

Each team has to use six different players in the two triple matches.

In the first round of the split flipper/triples matches we'll randomly
select the triples game and two split flipper games from the seven
games. In the second round, the same procedure applies to the four
remaining (i.e. not used in the first round) games.

In every match (head to head & split flipper/triples) we just flip a
coin and the winner gets to select who's player 1/player 2.

The games will be set to Tournament Mode, no Extra Balls, (hopefully)
factory settings and the outlane posts ..well.. "as is".

Other than this, general pinball tournament rules applies:
no bangbacks/deathsaves, no jackpot-o-rama with stuck balls etc. etc.

If you have any ideas, suggestions, general complaints :) etc. there's
still time to change the rules for the match.

The match schedule/scorecard (courtesy of MCR) is found here:
http://www.pinballhighscores.org/swe-usa.doc

KME wrote:
> The games will be set to Tournament Mode, no Extra Balls, (hopefully)
> factory settings and the outlane posts ..well.. "as is".

I'm willing to set tournament mode where it's relevant, but you
should probably just rule that EBs should be plunged and not played.

Personally, I'm hoping you guys choose some really unusual games
to compete on... there are certainly plenty of them available.

Kevin

fez

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

> I'm willing to set tournament mode where it's relevant,

Excellent.

>but you should probably just rule that EBs should be plunged and not played.

That's fine with me. Hold Bonus can be quite lucrative on certain
games, though. Perhaps just tilt all EBs? KME?

> Personally, I'm hoping you guys choose some really unusual games
> to compete on... there are certainly plenty of them available.

We'll make some kind of list with games we would like to play.
Hopefully, some unusual games will be on that list.

Looking at our list here; Punchy the Clown, Pop... Nah, can't give too
much away right now. ;)

Thanks, again, Kevin for letting us play this match at PAPA 8.

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

>That's fine with me. Hold Bonus can be quite lucrative on certain
>games, though. Perhaps just tilt all EBs? KME?

As far as I am concerned that is your reward for achieving an EB so I
say plunge them. Besides, Most of Kevins games have no tilt, lol ;)

>We'll make some kind of list with games we would like to play.
>Hopefully, some unusual games will be on that list.

Junkyard, ID4, TOTAN.... Unless you guys are down for some 80's games!
Split flipper Orbitor 1 anyone?

fez

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

3. FEZ Aug 6, 12:22 am show options
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
From: "FEZ" <steand...@gmail.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: 5 Aug 2005 15:22:36 -0700
Subject: Re: Pinball World Cup rules & regulations
original | Remove | Report Abuse

> I'm willing to set tournament mode where it's relevant,

Excellent.

>but you should probably just rule that EBs should be plunged and not played.

I guess that's fine with me. But, hold bonus can be quite lucrative on
certain
games, though. Perhaps just tilt all EBs? KME?

> Personally, I'm hoping you guys choose some really unusual games
> to compete on... there are certainly plenty of them available.

We'll make some kind of list with games we would like to play.
Hopefully, some unusual games will be on that list.

Looking at our list here; Punchy the Clown, Pop... Nah, can't give too
much away right now. ;)

Thanks, again, Kevin for letting us play this match at PAPA 8.

fez

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

> I'm willing to set tournament mode where it's relevant,

Excellent.

>but you should probably just rule that EBs should be plunged and not played.

I guess that's fine with me. But, hold bonus can be quite lucrative on
certain
games, though. Perhaps just tilt all EBs? KME?

> Personally, I'm hoping you guys choose some really unusual games
> to compete on... there are certainly plenty of them available.

We'll make some kind of list with games we would like to play.
Hopefully, some unusual games will be on that list.

Looking at our list here; Punchy the Clown, Pop... Nah, can't give too
much away right now. ;)

Thanks, again, Kevin for letting us play this match at PAPA 8.

fez

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Tried to edit my post, and now it ended up after your post. I really
have no idea how to use these Google Groups. Ehm...

>As far as I am concerned that is your reward for achieving an EB so I say plunge them.
Ok. Fair enough. Better go for those huge CFTBL bonuses, then.