Scheduled task and VB-program problem

Hi.
I´m running a VB program from Sheduled Tasks, the VB program is
supposed to bring up a form with information. The program works fine
when started the "normal" way but when i start it from Sheduled Tasks
it does start but it does´nt bring up the form. You can see the
program running among the processes but thats all.

Any suggestions will be gratefully noted.

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about scheduled task program problem

    "Ecco" <ecco@eccow.com> wrote in message
    Hi.
    I´m running a VB program from Sheduled Tasks, the VB program is
    supposed to bring up a form with information. The program works fine
    when started the "normal" way but when i start it from Sheduled Tasks
    it does start but it does´nt bring up the form. You can see the
    program running among the processes but thats all.

    Any suggestions will be gratefully noted.

    Thanks.

    You might find a clue here:
    Phydeaux 's post
    Monday, September 05, 2005 4:31 PM
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain

    Re: Can't schedule a batch file to run in the XP Pro Scheduler

    Check the path.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1126074301.731822.292260@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
    Ecco <ecco@eccow.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi.
    > I´m running a VB program from Sheduled Tasks, the VB program is
    > supposed to bring up a form with information. The program works fine
    > when started the "normal" way but when i start it from Sheduled Tasks
    > it does start but it does´nt bring up the form. You can see the
    > program running among the processes but thats all.
    >
    > Any suggestions will be gratefully noted.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi and thanks for your input.
    Unfortunately the problem still occures.
    Is it possible that the task won´t run because of the user account?
    I created the task logged as Administrator and as such it works, when i
    log in with another account (also with admin rights) it will not work
    as planned. The program, an exe file, starts but the user interface
    won´t show. The program runs only as a process.

    Any suggestions appreciated.

    Ecco

    Hi again.
    The problem was that the other account didn´t have a password set.

    Thanks for your help.

    Regards
    Ecco

    Glad you figured it out. Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1126182886.080257.297000@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
    Ecco <ecco@eccow.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi again.
    > The problem was that the other account didn´t have a password set.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Regards
    > Ecco

Microsoft Windows XP