Probs logging onto XP Home after foreign account used

I have xp home sp2 on my hp compaq nx6110 laptop. It's brand new and
seems to work fine but I've noticed this oddity.

I have 2 accounts (and guest, which i've not used yet). One of the
accounts I've set up to use a Thai keyboard/language support. If I log
onto that, then log off and attempt to log onto my (english) accounts,
the password is rejected. I have to shutdown/restart the pc then I can
log in fine. This is repeatable. It's as if the keyboard is still in
Thai mode when it's asking me for my (non thai) password. I've had a
quick look for info about this but I've found nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?

Interesting, and sounds like quite a catch-22. We don't want to change
the keyboard language before we logoff USER1, and we can't get USER2's
settings till we logon as that user.

If you enable the Keyboard/Language icon in the systray, is it present
while switching users? (I can't try it here as I'm not on an XP
system). It is possible to define more than one language setting to be
associated with the keyboard and then switch amongst them, but I don't
know if the systray icon is present at the appropriate time.

---
It's easy to make a decision when there are no options.