Sign in with
Your question

HELP! : In-Ceiling surround sound speaker.

Last response: in Home Audio
January 2, 2012 10:36:54 PM

I have a 20' X 20' living room. I would like to install 7.1 surround sound system in it. I have already had two existing tower speakers and one center speaker. Now I would like to install 4 in-ceiling speakers(brand new) in the ceiling. Where should I put them? How far away from the window wall and how far away between the in-ceiling speakers themselves.
January 3, 2012 10:37:50 AM

i think i remember seeing a guide on ceiling speakers before. perhaps search google for how to place ceiling speakers or something similar.

keep in mind that they also make in-wall speakers. perhaps this is another thing to think about.
January 10, 2012 2:00:41 AM

Thanks!
Related resources
January 19, 2012 11:22:56 PM

ssddx said:
i think i remember seeing a guide on ceiling speakers before. perhaps search google for how to place ceiling speakers or something similar.

keep in mind that they also make in-wall speakers. perhaps this is another thing to think about.

Thanks!

Paul Poon
January 20, 2012 6:25:56 PM

Paul Poon said:
I have a 20' X 20' living room. I would like to install 7.1 surround sound system in it. I have already had two existing tower speakers and one center speaker. Now I would like to install 4 in-ceiling speakers(brand new) in the ceiling. Where should I put them? How far away from the window wall and how far away between the in-ceiling speakers themselves.

The place to install it is the wall, at ear level, when you are normally seated.
January 20, 2012 8:42:50 PM

soundguruman said:
The place to install it is the wall, at ear level, when you are normally seated.

I have already installed them.
Thanks for your input!

Paul Poon
!