I have just changed over to XP and now find I can't access Invoices I had
created on the Office Tools previously - nor can I create new ones.
The message I get says " This workbook contains a type of macro (MS Excel
V4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled or signed. Therefore this workbook cannot
be opened under High Security Level."
The software was by Village Software and was included in the Microsoft
Office 2000 I had before.

Help someone please !

Data or Program Settings Are Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313362

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"cernavoda" wrote:

| I have just changed over to XP and now find I can't access Invoices I had
| created on the Office Tools previously - nor can I create new ones.
| The message I get says " This workbook contains a type of macro (MS Excel
| V4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled or signed. Therefore this workbook cannot
| be opened under High Security Level."
| The software was by Village Software and was included in the Microsoft
| Office 2000 I had before.
|
| Help someone please !

Really not an XP issue, as it is all in Office- Excel.

Open Excel, and change the security level for macros- >Tools
> Macros >Security. MS tightened up security inside of the
Office suite to limit the security threats, as some macros
can be harmful to your computer

"cernavoda" <cernavoda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
:I have just changed over to XP and now find I can't access
Invoices I had
: created on the Office Tools previously - nor can I create
new ones.
: The message I get says " This workbook contains a type of
macro (MS Excel
: V4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled or signed. Therefore
this workbook cannot
: be opened under High Security Level."
: The software was by Village Software and was included in
the Microsoft
: Office 2000 I had before.
:
: Help someone please !

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 02:48:10 -0700, cernavoda
<cernavoda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have just changed over to XP and now find I can't access Invoices I had
>created on the Office Tools previously - nor can I create new ones.
>The message I get says " This workbook contains a type of macro (MS Excel
>V4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled or signed. Therefore this workbook cannot
>be opened under High Security Level."
>The software was by Village Software and was included in the Microsoft
>Office 2000 I had before.
>
>Help someone please !

Lower your Security Level, then try again.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread.
If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
from my email address before sending.

Have you check out the microsoft web site it has alot of useful information
and I have found their tech support very helpful. hope it helps dani

"cernavoda" wrote:

> I have just changed over to XP and now find I can't access Invoices I had
> created on the Office Tools previously - nor can I create new ones.
> The message I get says " This workbook contains a type of macro (MS Excel
> V4.0 macro) that cannot be disabled or signed. Therefore this workbook cannot
> be opened under High Security Level."
> The software was by Village Software and was included in the Microsoft
> Office 2000 I had before.
>
> Help someone please !

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:31:44 -0500 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Mike Mueller favored us with...
> Really not an XP issue, as it is all in Office- Excel.
>
> Open Excel, and change the security level for macros- >Tools
> > Macros >Security. MS tightened up security inside of the
> Office suite to limit the security threats, as some macros
> can be harmful to your computer

And then turned around and told everyone to lower security so they
could get their work done. :)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"And if you're afraid of butter, which many people are nowa-
days, (long pause) you just put in cream." --Julia Child