Can't create a shortcut on the desktop

September 7, 2005 10:11:34 AM

hello,

on the desktop, i right click, select new --> shortcut. i expect to see a
dialog box at this point, but instead a blank icon appears on my desktop.
how do i fix this.

thank you.
--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

But did you try: select on what you want create shortcut>right
click>create shortcut?
I always do this way. :cool:

--
Jucy
September 7, 2005 9:19:57 PM

Dr. Indera

See if this command helps, from Start/Run:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> on the desktop, i right click, select new --> shortcut. i expect to see a
> dialog box at this point, but instead a blank icon appears on my desktop.
> how do i fix this.
>
> thank you.
> --
> Indera
> * * * * * * * * * *
> Don't just live life.
> Live life well.

September 8, 2005 1:44:18 AM

hi jucy,

yes, i've done that before. i'm stumped why i can no longer create a
shortcut from the desktop.

--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

"Jucy" <Jucy.1uzl3b@no-mx.gateway.localhost> wrote in message
:
: But did you try: select on what you want create shortcut>right
: click>create shortcut?
: I always do this way. :cool:
:
:
: --
: Jucy
: Posted via http://ms-os.com Forum to Usenet gateway
:
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 1:53:55 AM

hi ramesh,

i don't show what the command does, but it works.
is this something that i did somehow and didn't realize it?

thank you so much!
--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

: Dr. Indera
:
: See if this command helps, from Start/Run:
:
: regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
:
: --
: Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
: Windows XP Shell/User
: http://windowsxp.mvps.org
:
:
: "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
: news:u$daFS5sFHA.912@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
: > hello,
: >
: > on the desktop, i right click, select new --> shortcut. i expect to see
: > dialog box at this point, but instead a blank icon appears on my
desktop.
: > how do i fix this.
: >
: > thank you.
: > --
: > Indera
: > * * * * * * * * * *
: > Don't just live life.
: > Live life well.
: >
: >
: >
:
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 12:24:15 PM

You're welcome Indera.

>> is this something that i did somehow and didn't realize it?

No idea how this was caused, but it's due to broken .lnk settings.

--

!