Using a laptop as a TV in the bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
There's nothing more I like than coming back from training, or playing football, and lying in the bath for a bit and watching some football on the TV - but I'm moving house soon, so this won't be an option without splashing out a lot of money on a waterproof TV.

But then I thought... hang on, say I had a laptop which could play downloaded files, and load up live Sports using Sky player - just put it onto a table by the bath and watch it that way?

Are there any concerns about doing this? I'm thinking in terms of steam or whatever getting onto the laptop, would it break it, or would it be okay?

Thanks!

It can be a nervous proposition having a laptop in an area where there is a lot of moisture content in the air, much less any sort of computer. If some of the electronics were to accumulate water through the moisture content in the air, you're out of a lot of money. I'd say your best bet would be to save up for a TV.

blizeH

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2007
Ahh, thanks buwish - that is a shame, was hoping I could get away with just a laptop - wasn't sure if the waterproof TVs were just so they had waterproof buttons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.