Unable to copy

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

My Sony Vaio will let me read from floppy and CDRW, but it won't let me copy
files onto them. When this happens it just says 'insert another CD'.

Otherwise the laptop works fine, can read from these drives, but not copy
onto. XP.

Anyone got ideas on this?

Thanks

> My Sony Vaio will let me read from floppy and CDRW, but it won't let me copy
> files onto them. When this happens it just says 'insert another CD'.
> Otherwise the laptop works fine, can read from these drives, but not copy
> onto. XP.
> Anyone got ideas on this?

The sessions might be finalised, which prevents more files from being
added to it.

You might find a tick box option to prevent this from happening.

ahall

Tony> My Sony Vaio will let me read from floppy and CDRW, but it won't let me copy
Tony> files onto them. When this happens it just says 'insert another CD'.

Tony> Otherwise the laptop works fine, can read from these drives, but not copy
Tony> onto. XP.

Tony> Anyone got ideas on this?

Have you tried several types of media? The
burner on my D8250 would not write to one batch of
CD blanks I bought, but has worked with all other
brands I tried.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)