Jan

I try to install a antivurs program windows xp gives a message; "The Windows
Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running in Safe mode or
Windows Installer may not be correctly installed." How can i solve this
problem ? I use Windows XP (SP2). First off all, i uninstall Windows
Installer - KB884016. I can't install any antivirus prgram to Windows XP.

Please inform me, Thank you

Malke

jan wrote:

> I try to install a antivurs program windows xp gives a message; "The
> Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be running in
> Safe mode or Windows Installer may not be correctly installed." How
> can i solve this problem ? I use Windows XP (SP2). First off all, i
> uninstall Windows Installer - KB884016. I can't install any antivirus
> prgram to Windows XP.
>
> Please inform me, Thank you

In most cases failure to successfully install an antivirus program is
because the computer is already infected. Follow the malware removal
steps here, starting by using Sysclean:

You should get all tools/programs/updates from a different, known-clean
computer with an Internet connection and a cd burner (or have a usb
thumbdrive with enough capacity to transfer the files).

If the instructions at the website look too complicated, take the
machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local
equivalent of BigStoreUSA). There is no shame in doing this.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Follow these steps, Jan:

1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'msiexec /unregister' and click OK.
2. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'msiexec /regserver' and click OK.

Restart the computer and try to install the antivirus again.

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín