Sign in with
Your question

Gateway HDD password reset needed

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 22, 2010 3:24:59 PM

Hello,
I'm trying to find out how to reset HDD password the motherboard was changed the user doesnot remember the HDD password what can i do to resolve the unlock HDD issue will i have to pay gateway for unlock code and prove ownership?
a b D Laptop
April 23, 2010 2:32:26 PM

You are referring to the BIOS password. You can try removing the cmos battery for a bit of time and then putting it back in. Chances are through that it will not do the trick and you'll be forced to send it into gateway to have them clear it.
m
l
April 30, 2010 2:52:23 PM

Thankyou for responding to my post I have since replaced the hard drive with a much larger hard drive
the owner of the laptop had bought the new hard drive . So honoring his decision with the replacement
hard drive I did suggest the option that you suggested about sending it to gateway to him and he will possibly consider doing this. Although he did say that there wasn't any valuable info on the hard drive
but seemed more content on replacing it with a new one . I have reloaded the Operating system on the laptop and everything is working fine Thankyou again for your advise on this topic. And yes this was the Bios Password it just had HDD password highlighted in blue surrounding the word only with space for entering password. Thankyou so much for your input hope to get answers and suggestions soon from take care.
m
l
!