Power Management Options Non-functioning

Running Windows XP Tablet Edition on an HP Compaq TC1100 with battery icon in
system tray

Issues:
1. Power Management Options shows only two schemes (Portable/Laptop &
Home/Office Desk). The other schemes are missing. Unable to save a new
scheme. Disappears from list once program closed and reopened (with and
without a reboot).

2. Portable/Laptop scheme shows following error: Indicates two revision
levels are incompatible. (I tried saving under a new name - it showed same
error. Unable to delete scheme. Only disappears as in issue #1 above.) Afraid
to delete and reset due to issue #1 above.

3. When operating under battery power, screen goes off, but system NEVER
goes into Standby (nor Hybernate - which is enabled).

If I enter Standby mode physically (Start/Turn Off Computer/Standby) the
unit goes into Standby mode correctly. After the appropriate time the unit
even goes into Hybernate. Only when the unit is running does the failure
occur.

Possible related issue: The "Hide Inactive Icons" function under Taskbar and
Start Menu Properties no longer functions either. All icons display no matter
what setting chosen. I turned it off and rebooted, turned it back on -
nothing.

I'm dumbfounded by this. Any assistance is appreciated!

Thanks,

-j.p.

Deleted the Power Management portions with Regedit and installed the fix from
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm.

All is well.

(except that the last item listed. Started working and then stopped once
again.)

"nocturnecsh" wrote:

> Running Windows XP Tablet Edition on an HP Compaq TC1100 with battery icon in
> system tray
>
> Issues:
> 1. Power Management Options shows only two schemes (Portable/Laptop &
> Home/Office Desk). The other schemes are missing. Unable to save a new
> scheme. Disappears from list once program closed and reopened (with and
> without a reboot).
>
> 2. Portable/Laptop scheme shows following error: Indicates two revision
> levels are incompatible. (I tried saving under a new name - it showed same
> error. Unable to delete scheme. Only disappears as in issue #1 above.) Afraid
> to delete and reset due to issue #1 above.
>
> 3. When operating under battery power, screen goes off, but system NEVER
> goes into Standby (nor Hybernate - which is enabled).
>
> If I enter Standby mode physically (Start/Turn Off Computer/Standby) the
> unit goes into Standby mode correctly. After the appropriate time the unit
> even goes into Hybernate. Only when the unit is running does the failure
> occur.
>
> Possible related issue: The "Hide Inactive Icons" function under Taskbar and
> Start Menu Properties no longer functions either. All icons display no matter
> what setting chosen. I turned it off and rebooted, turned it back on -
> nothing.
>
> I'm dumbfounded by this. Any assistance is appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> -j.p.

kpcswd

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Try simply changing the settings of the power scheme it defaults to at bootup, click apply, then click ok. Has xp pro that defaults to Minimal Power Management, so entered into the Minimal Power Management boxes the always on settings. (e.g. - turn off monitor after: 1 hour , turn off hard disks: never, system standby: never), apply, ok.

Good luck.