Sign in with
Your question

White dots on Mitsubishi screen fixed! Please read!

Last response: in Home Theatre
January 4, 2013 9:10:13 PM

Hello,
We had the white dot problem. We called mitsu's 800.332.2119#. They covered ALL but $200. As soon we got off the phone with them, the local authorized service company called, came out immediately and fixed the set- in about one hour! I gladly wrote the check and am very impressed with Mitsu's service. By the way, we do not have any coverage on the set. Do yourself a favor and call Mitsubishi's service.
January 22, 2013 2:54:01 PM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,
We had the white dot problem. We called mitsu's 800.332.2119#. They covered ALL but $200. As soon we got off the phone with them, the local authorized service company called, came out immediately and fixed the set- in about one hour! I gladly wrote the check and am very impressed with Mitsu's service. By the way, we do not have any coverage on the set. Do yourself a favor and call Mitsubishi's service.

Was the age of your TV an issue with Mitsubishi?

Curt
m
l
May 18, 2013 9:23:00 AM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

Based on your experience, I made the call....on a Saturday even. Same experience. They covered the parts, and I agreed to 200.00 to install it. My TV is 6 years old. I think the solution they offer is very fair. Thanks for your info.

m
l
Related resources
July 16, 2013 4:01:41 PM

goliver said:
Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

Based on your experience, I made the call....on a Saturday even. Same experience. They covered the parts, and I agreed to 200.00 to install it. My TV is 6 years old. I think the solution they offer is very fair. Thanks for your info.

m
l
July 16, 2013 4:03:44 PM

Thanks for these posts. I also had the same quick response from Mitsubishi and the service provider. My TV was purchased in November 2007 and we just recently started seeing the white dots.
m
l
July 17, 2013 5:56:54 PM

danac said:
Thanks for these posts. I also had the same quick response from Mitsubishi and the service provider. My TV was purchased in November 2007 and we just recently started seeing the white dots.
thanks mines is getting fixed this weekend i thought about getting a new hdtv but finding this website realy made my dreams come true thanks again on the info
kenneth a smith
st louis,mo

m
l
August 21, 2013 2:58:21 PM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

THANK YOU for this post. I was on the phone with a very helpful and nice TV repair guy who ran me through reset and initialization codes to reset it and finally told me what I already knew...the DMD and DLP were hosed. I searched again and found this site and your post. I called Mitsubishi and they told me the same thing. Will send the part to my local guy (another one) and they will come out to fix it. Need to pay $200 for labor and any other costs. I assume there aren't any other costs but will clarify with the repair guy before he comes. I'm excited to get my TV back and for only a few hundred dollars! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
m
l
September 6, 2013 12:00:05 PM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

We also had this problem. Just got off the phone, same deal. They are sending someone out for $200 to fix the problem. THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

m
l
September 30, 2013 3:51:14 PM

I have the 65" Mitsubishi Diamond series rear projection DLP television with the white dot issue, it started with one dot and now I just noticed a second one appear, thank goodness I found this thread, I called Mitsubishi and apparently they are aware of the issue with the chip. The customer service rep took my information and will be shipping the part to a local authorized service center who will contact me once the part arrives to schedule an appointment. I'm really happy that I will not have to purchase a new tv and that Mitsubishi will stand by their product as it is a good tv. Thanks for the information I hope others will find this site, $200.00 is a lot better than having to pay for a new tv.
m
l
October 4, 2013 8:24:59 PM

I hope others will find this site, $200.00 is a lot better than having to pay for a new tv.
m
l
October 5, 2013 3:43:38 PM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

m
l
October 5, 2013 3:46:54 PM

Thank you so much for your posting regarding the white dot problem. My husband and I were already looking to buy a new tv since our 70+ inch tv was purchased in 2008 and we did not have an extended warranty. Thanks to you, I placed a call to Mitsubishi 3 o 4 days ago and today the technician came and fix it up! My tv looks great again, thank you!
m
l
October 18, 2013 2:30:20 PM

I also had the white dot problem and gave the number posted above a call and got the same deal if I pay 200 they pay the part cost, which is way better than the price of a new tv. Glad I found this thread !
m
l
November 4, 2013 10:10:54 AM

Thank you so much for the info. I called Mitsubishi this morning and also received he $200 labor resolution.
m
l
November 13, 2013 8:27:51 AM

I called this morning! So happy I found this page, thank you all very much! I started out with little black dots I noticed 3 of them, now there is more then 100, and they are turning into white dots now. I couldn't afford a new tv with Christmas coming, so I was extremely upset. Then I googled it and found this page. Very happy! Mitsubishi said it is a chip that malfunctioned and they will cover the part and I have to cover the pre set labor charge of $200. I said with pleasure! Totally worth the phone call! Very happy! Thank you everyone who has posted on this page. Huge help :) 
m
l
November 20, 2013 12:45:04 PM

Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to this post. It was a big help to say the least. Our white dot problem was taken care of in the same fashion as everyone else's. Called Mitsubishi and a week and $200 later we had a new chip and a clear screen.
m
l
January 2, 2014 7:58:19 AM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

Mitsubishi has confirmed with me that they are offering this same deal to fix the white dots. I am very happy with this since our TV was built in October 2007, over six years ago. The chip is being sent to a nearby TV service center and they will install it when it arrives. Our white dots went from 1 to 9 in about 10 days. Mitsubishi's customer service was top notch!
m
l
January 20, 2014 1:48:42 PM

ATTENTION SOUTH JERSEY RESIDENTS:

If Mitsubishi refers you to Audio Video Repair Inc in Pennsauken, NJ, do NOT use them. Instead of repairing the TV in our home, they insisted on bringing it back to their shop, and then claimed they were too busy to bring it back to us at the "promised" time. "Promised" in quotations, because when questioned on why it was not being returned at the agreed upon time, we were told we were never promised a time, that they would "try" to bring it back to us as soon as they could. Ended up missing time from work on two separate days, and ended up picking up the TV from the shop ourselves, which was no easy feat considering it's a 73" TV.
m
l
February 11, 2014 10:35:25 AM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

m
l
February 11, 2014 10:41:13 AM

THANK YOU MITSUBISHI! I called the 800 number, they covered over$400 in parts, made me an appt with Advance TV to install the new parts, TV is BETTER than new due to Mitsubishi's upgraded part for my 72 inch tv. Do yourself a favor, pay $200 for repair, you'll be happy you did! Advance tv's tech was awesome, I have a new tv!!
m
l
February 12, 2014 11:45:56 PM

Good luck with your new tv.
m
l
February 20, 2014 3:44:43 PM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

Thank you all who have posted to the Mitsubishi White Dot Forum. My husband and I have been dealing with the problem since xmas and I just called. Mitsubishi is deploying a local servicing company and I cant wait for our bedroom TV to be fixed. Ill take that 200.00 and happily fix the set!:bounce: 
m
l
February 24, 2014 12:33:15 PM

Called the number and held out as much as I could , they covered the chip and threw in a new bulb ! Still paid $200 for the service call .
m
l
March 5, 2014 11:11:27 AM

I just called today and they are also covering parts and I am only responsible for the 200.00 in labor. So glad I seen this thread!! I hope others with this issue finds this information!
m
l
March 7, 2014 6:22:40 AM

tswilmoth said:
I just called today and they are also covering parts and I am only responsible for the 200.00 in labor. So glad I seen this thread!! I hope others with this issue finds this information!

Did it take u long to get through? Because I can't.
m
l
March 11, 2014 4:07:01 PM

Same experiance, waiting for the call from the repair place.
My TV turns 5 in June.

m
l
March 11, 2014 4:09:46 PM

I was done in less than 5 minutes. You have to hit 2 when they go through the roster of confusing selections. I even received the email while I was on the phone.

Register on Mitsubishi's website, that is where the data comes from.

m
l
March 13, 2014 1:03:56 PM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

THANKS FOR THE POST WE HAVE THE WHITE DOTS, AND JUST CALLED MITU'S AND THEY ARE SETTING UP THE TIME FOR THE MAN TO COME FIX IT,WE ALSO HAD 2 PRINTBOARD'S REPLACED. J,RENIGER
m
l
March 13, 2014 1:45:06 PM

The repair place just callled, they are coming out next week to fix. This place offeerd a 50/50 split on the cost. $100 when the part comes in, $100 when they fix it.

m
l
March 15, 2014 7:46:59 AM

MURPHYS said:
Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

THANKS FOR THE POST WE HAVE THE WHITE DOTS, AND JUST CALLED MITU'S AND THEY ARE SETTING UP THE TIME FOR THE MAN TO COME FIX IT,WE ALSO HAD 2 PRINTBOARD'S REPLACED. J,RENIGER

jjl80922 said:
The repair place just callled, they are coming out next week to fix. This place offeerd a 50/50 split on the cost. $100 when the part comes in, $100 when they fix it.

We are having the same problem- we have white and black dots--they cover half of the TV-I tried to call Mitsubishi but it says the line is closed- Does it matter how old your TV is?
m
l
March 15, 2014 8:14:18 AM

Dylan Anderson said:
tswilmoth said:

did you ever get through to them. I can't get through to them
m
l
March 18, 2014 5:36:20 PM

Wow!! Great thread. My 65 is july 08 and same deal. 200 for labor. Mitsu is on the ball. Had one white dot 10 or so days ago now have three. Getting fixed in a couple days. I love my tv! Good for Mitsu doing us all a solid on this!!
m
l
March 18, 2014 7:16:45 PM

The repairman came today and the TV works great! Looks good and No Dots!
m
l
May 15, 2014 3:49:48 PM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi DLP Model WD-52725 with white dot syndrome. After reading this thread and several others, I called the number, but the rep said that my model was not included among the models for which Mitsubishi is offering assistance. Does anyone know whether the WD-52725 has the same issues as the other models that they seem to be standing behind?
m
l
May 23, 2014 3:40:18 PM

Thanks to all on this thread. Like everyone else this just saved me a grand at least. I have the 65" model #WD 65737. Same deal $200
m
l
June 4, 2014 12:53:16 PM

Tammy726 said:
Dylan Anderson said:
tswilmoth said:

did you ever get through to them. I can't get through to them

Tammy, did you ever get through to Misu's customer service? It would not go through for me the first time...said it was closed and disconnected, but then I realized I misdialed the #. Make sure you are dialing 800-332-2119.
m
l
June 4, 2014 12:55:21 PM

Happy to report we had the same white dot problem (grew from 1 dot to 7-8 in a matter of a couple of weeks!). I just called the 800-332-2119 number to report the problem and, like everyone else, Mitsubishi is covering the cost of the parts and I will have to cover labor of about $200. Just waiting on the local repair facility to give me a call to set up the time for them to come out. I am VERY pleased about this. Beats paying another $1000 for a new tv! :) 
m
l
June 8, 2014 1:24:54 PM

Lori Guss said:
Happy to report we had the same white dot problem (grew from 1 dot to 7-8 in a matter of a couple of weeks!). I just called the 800-332-2119 number to report the problem and, like everyone else, Mitsubishi is covering the cost of the parts and I will have to cover labor of about $200. Just waiting on the local repair facility to give me a call to set up the time for them to come out. I am VERY pleased about this. Beats paying another $1000 for a new tv! :) 

I tried to call yesterday and today. All I kept getting was a recording saying they are closed. Yet, when they stated their hours of operation they said they were open on Saturday and Sunday. I will try tomorrow, maybe they are only in M - F now. I hope, would like to get this fixed.

m
l
June 9, 2014 1:39:18 PM

To follow up with my previous post from the weekend... It is Monday, and I called the 800-332-2119. While on hold I was told via recording that if I press 1 I could schedule a call back by the next available representative. After being on hold for a good 10 minutes I decided to give it a try. I actually received a call back approximately 5 minutes later. After explaining my situation (white dots on screen) I was offered the $200 deal without needing to ask for it. I took the deal and was asked to pick a repair place close to where I lived. I was told they would call me within 5 - 7 days due to how long it will take for them to receive the part.

In less than 5 minutes from hanging up a representative from the repair place called me. They said they keep the part in stock and that a tech could came by the next day. Due to previous plans that day, I scheduled it for the following day. The cost will be a flat $200 for the repair, part is free, no tax or extra fees.

I will let you know Wednesday how it goes. So far, so good.

m
l
June 11, 2014 3:05:48 PM

Today is Wednesday, as I stated in my previous post, I would share what happened.

The tech came as scheduled and was here for less than an hour. The chip was replaced and the DOTS ARE GONE! The picture is even brighter and crisper. I only had to pay a flat $200, no tax or extra fees.

On a side note: The tech told me the chip is usually good for 4 years. He does not know if the new replacements are better. He has not had to replace any of the new ones yet, but said it is still inside the 4 year window. Take it for what its worth.

On another side note; Since purchasing my tv in 2008, I have had to replace the bulb twice and now the dlp chip. The first bulb was under warrenty. The second I purchased through ShopJimmy at a reduced price. All in all, I have spent approx. $250. Not too bad for a 6 year old tv, in an era when they are not built to last that long.

A big thank you to everyone that has shared. Your information has been a valuable resource for others, as I hope mine may also be.

With that, my journey here has ended.

m
l
June 18, 2014 4:50:12 PM

Mrbigmoneygrip said:
Hello,

m
l
July 8, 2014 3:54:16 PM

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!! I was dreading calling a repairman and had resigned myself to saving up for a new TV. I called Mitsubishi today. My TV is 5 years old and out of warranty, and sure enough they said they would cover the cost of parts and I would be responsible for $200 of labor. I called the repair facility and I will also have to pay tax. Yippee!!! I cannot wait to get it fixed!
I am so grateful for your post!
m
l
!