600m S-video to composite problem

Someone

I recently purchased a 600m, and have just attempted to connect it to the TV using an S-Video to Composite cable. Unfortunately, when I click on the display properties for video, it still shows an X through the TV connection, saying that it's not connected.

I have tried everything...downloading the latest drivers, connecting the cable with both PC and TV off, changing the display resolution to 800x600, but to no avail.

The cable that I'm using has only four S-Video pins, and the laptop output has seven holes...does this make a difference? When I purchased the computer, the Dell website didn't give me the option to purchase their S-Video to composite adapter, and I can't find even find it on their website. Thus, I'm using one that I purchased at a local electronics store.

Any help is appreciated.

Robert

Yes. With the WRONG cable it will not activate the TV out hardware.
Therefore it will show the red cross.