Outlook Express Subject Line- Drop Downs- Where have they ..

In the past when using Outlook Express if I decided to create a subject of
for example "Message to Mary" then immediately I put the "M" in the subject
line any previous entries I had used beginning with "M" were offered for me
to click and choose.
This feature has disappeared - Why does this feature not happen now ? Is it
because
I am using XP and not Windows 98 is this the reason?
Is there a way that I can turn this back on or get OE to display these past
entries.
Thanks

IE Autocomplete is responsible for that. You enable it in IE. Tools,
internet options, Content.

ken_battye wrote:

> In the past when using Outlook Express if I decided to create a subject of
> for example "Message to Mary" then immediately I put the "M" in the subject
> line any previous entries I had used beginning with "M" were offered for me
> to click and choose.
> This feature has disappeared - Why does this feature not happen now ? Is it
> because
> I am using XP and not Windows 98 is this the reason?
> Is there a way that I can turn this back on or get OE to display these past
> entries.
> Thanks

Inline AutoComplete

[[Windows Explorer and the Run box both have AutoComplete capabilities, as
in Microsoft Internet Explorer. There are actually two forms of
AutoComplete. The first is an automatic suggestion, where you get a
drop-down list of sites with the same letters you have typed. The second is
where the line you are typing is automatically completed if you have typed
the same letters before. This is the Inline AutoComplete feature. The
first feature is turned on by default, but Inline AutoComplete is not. ]]
Disabling or Enabling the AutoComplete or Inline AutoComplete Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237553
-----

Inline AutoComplete
[[Turned on, this option tells Internet Explorer to complete entries when
you type Web addresses in the Address bar, based on entries you've used
before. You can select the suggested entry by pressing ENTER, or choose
from a list of additional options by pressing the DOWN ARROW key until you
find the one you want, then pressing ENTER. This option can benefit people
with mobility impairments by helping save keystrokes. Users who find inline
AutoComplete distracting can turn it off.]]
Turn On or Turn Off Inline AutoComplete
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/ie6/inline.aspx

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.