Overclocking AMD Athlon XP 2500

oc3

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2004
Hello!

I am not a PC guy per say and have a question regarding the overclocking of the following components:

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 (Motherboard)
Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton) w/ 512K L2 cache (CPU)
Samsung 256MB PC-3200 DDR400 SDRAM x 2 (Total 512Mbps)
Antec SLK3700AMB w/ 350W PSU (Case)

In the BIOS I chanaged the Multiplier from 11.0x to 12.5 and the CPU Frequency to 200MHz. The memory was also tweaked to SPD which resulted in 200MHz operating frequency (I think).... anyway my box has been stable no issues what so ever I have been monitoring CPU temp and motherboard temp during a mild stress test (encoding a 1GB AVI file which took approximately 7 minutes - the machine is smoking fast).

So that said - given the settings above does this mean I have successfully overclocked to 2500MHz from 18xxMHz?

Any adive would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

OC3

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Just use WCPUID, it's smaller, google it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

GIPNOR

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003
Download prime95 and run the torture test... see if you come up with any errors. Maybe it's stable and maybe you haven't noticed anything yet. Maybe it doesn't make a difference as long as it isn't crashing :)