Sopranos advice

I've been reading the groups here for a while. Never posted before,
but I figure, what the heck. Does anyone have any long term experience
with the Stern pinball Sopranos? A friend wants to sell me his, but I
don't know if it is a good long term game. It seemed fun to play for
the few minutes I spent on it.

I only have Williams pins now and I am wondering if a Stern is the way
to go, especially since I am a big Sopranos fan

david

I am one of the few that like it. Or atleast openly admits it. It has a
very difficult wizard mode to complete. It sits next to 4 other
Williams titles: Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, Cirqus Voltaire,
and BS Dracula. I too am a huge Sopranos fan. I have had mine for
almost 5 months.

I own one, and I am a big fan of it, I confess it may help to be a
Sopranos buff tho'. Some of the shots are challenging, fun modes, and
yes, a challenging wizard mode. Great game! Jess

Long term experience may be lacking, the games only been out a few months.
LTG :)

<davidgraypin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been reading the groups here for a while. Never posted before,
> but I figure, what the heck. Does anyone have any long term experience
> with the Stern pinball Sopranos? A friend wants to sell me his, but I
> don't know if it is a good long term game. It seemed fun to play for
> the few minutes I spent on it.
>
> I only have Williams pins now and I am wondering if a Stern is the way
> to go, especially since I am a big Sopranos fan
>
> david

I've never even played this machine and I'm thinking about buying one
NIB. I'm such a big Sopranos fan I'd probably be happy with a broken
machine that just sat there and looked pretty. I wish a bar or arcade
around here would get one so I could try it out. Only pinball I see
around here is Revenge From Mars and South Park.

I've only played it once. I could not hear much of
anything on the sound, although it did call me a SOB
a couple of times. I've never seen the show, either.
If you are a fan of the show, I'm sure it would make
the game more enjoyable as well.

It wasn't a bad player, but long term only those that
own them can help you. (That's tough as it just came out.)

I thought it was fun, even though I could'nt hear it.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
===============================

davidgraypin@hotmail.com wrote:
> I've been reading the groups here for a while. Never posted before,
> but I figure, what the heck. Does anyone have any long term experience
> with the Stern pinball Sopranos? A friend wants to sell me his, but I
> don't know if it is a good long term game. It seemed fun to play for
> the few minutes I spent on it.
>
> I only have Williams pins now and I am wondering if a Stern is the way
> to go, especially since I am a big Sopranos fan

jknight

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2003

I think it is a good pin. I like it better than most machines I have
played. It is by far the most popular machine in my house.

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

<<I've only played it once. I could not hear much of
anything on the sound, although it did call me a SOB
a couple of times.>>

Hey what a coincidence, I played one the other day and it called you an
SOB too.... puh-dump-bump
Seriously, I haven't run across one yet.

<davidgraypin@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been reading the groups here for a while. Never posted before,
> but I figure, what the heck. Does anyone have any long term experience
> with the Stern pinball Sopranos? A friend wants to sell me his, but I
> don't know if it is a good long term game. It seemed fun to play for
> the few minutes I spent on it.
>
> I only have Williams pins now and I am wondering if a Stern is the way
> to go, especially since I am a big Sopranos fan
>
> david

I have one and love it. I picked it up a couple weeks after release. We
have about 1000 plays on it now and we still play it just about every day.
We've only made it to boss mode a couple of times. Lots of things to do on
this one.

Paul