Need a gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriksmith300

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Hey i'm looking at getting a gaming laptop and i was wondering if people had some good ideas for one.

My budget is under $1300.

this will be used for mostly gaming. im wanting the best graphics i can get out of this and i would like it to last me awhile. for size the bigger the better. same with resolution. i'm not to worried about battery life either. i will want to play most of the new games coming out. i'd like a hard drive that at least had 250g. blue ray isn't really important to me. i don't care what the brand is. i live in the usa. thanks for any help.

exela

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
I second Maziar , that ASUS got everything a gamer would look for. If you would like to see something else , you should try check the alienware ; you can get something nice from them too with those money.

kslghost

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
ASUS G51JX is about as strong as you can get with that budget. 1080p with an i7. Graphics processor is a step back with the GTS 360 (which peaks at 105C using Furmark!!!) so the computer as a whole runs hot.

This'll run you 1400 for the A1 model. The X1 or X3 (check Newegg and Amazon) are cheaper alternatives that don't sacrifice too much and will get you under 1300.

kslghost

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Oh, I didn't notice that you were referring to a lower model of the G73. That one is indeed awesome, and I would go with that if size doesn't matter (not exactly like the 15.6 is small anyhow).

Status
Not open for further replies.