More about home folder mapping correct path

    From: "JSellers" <JSellers@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | I have a user that is not able to connect to the correct Home folder path
    | that is set on her account in Active Directory.
    |
    | Instead of connecting to \\servername\users$\dept\username
    | she connects to the root at \\servername, and of course gets access denied
    | errors.
    | She seems to be the only one having this problem. It is a Windows XP client
    | with SP2, on a Windows 2000 Domain. Any thoughts?

    Each user should have their own share using the hidden "$" attribute.
    lets assume users;

    dave
    tom
    sally
    harry

    Instead of sharing
    \\servername\users$

    Share
    \\servername\users\dave
    \\servername\users\tom
    \\servername\users\sally
    \\servername\users\harry

    Using the share names;

    dave$
    tom$
    sally$
    harry$

    an map that as their home drives.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    I have a need to hide the users$ folder. What difference does it make wether
    I hide it or not? I have about 200 users and already have my structure setup
    and don't wish to change it.

    I need to know why it is not mapping correctly when all the other users are
    working without a problem. Any ideas?

    "David H. Lipman" wrote:

    > From: "JSellers" <JSellers@discussions.microsoft.com>
    >
    > | I have a user that is not able to connect to the correct Home folder path
    > | that is set on her account in Active Directory.
    > |
    > | Instead of connecting to \\servername\users$\dept\username
    > | she connects to the root at \\servername, and of course gets access denied
    > | errors.
    > | She seems to be the only one having this problem. It is a Windows XP client
    > | with SP2, on a Windows 2000 Domain. Any thoughts?
    > |

    > Each user should have their own share using the hidden "$" attribute.
    > lets assume users;
    >
    > dave
    > tom
    > sally