Home Folder not Mapping to correct path

September 7, 2005 12:49:09 PM

I have a user that is not able to connect to the correct Home folder path
that is set on her account in Active Directory.

Instead of connecting to \\servername\users$\dept\username
she connects to the root at \\servername, and of course gets access denied
errors.
She seems to be the only one having this problem. It is a Windows XP client
with SP2, on a Windows 2000 Domain. Any thoughts?
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:02:45 PM

From: "JSellers" <JSellers@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I have a user that is not able to connect to the correct Home folder path
| that is set on her account in Active Directory.
|
| Instead of connecting to \\servername\users$\dept\username
| she connects to the root at \\servername, and of course gets access denied
| errors.
| She seems to be the only one having this problem. It is a Windows XP client
| with SP2, on a Windows 2000 Domain. Any thoughts?

Each user should have their own share using the hidden "$" attribute.
lets assume users;

dave
tom
sally
harry

Instead of sharing
\\servername\users$

Share
\\servername\users\dave
\\servername\users\tom
\\servername\users\sally
\\servername\users\harry

Using the share names;

dave$
tom$
sally$
harry$

an map that as their home drives.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

I have a need to hide the users$ folder. What difference does it make wether
I hide it or not? I have about 200 users and already have my structure setup
and don't wish to change it.

I need to know why it is not mapping correctly when all the other users are
working without a problem. Any ideas?

!