Sign in with
Your question

HP Officejet 7500A not compatible with Win XP Pro 64-bit?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 3, 2011 9:30:52 PM

I just purchased this great new Wide Format All-In-One printer and failed to read the fine print that DID NOT list Windows XP Pro 64-bit among the supported operating systems. Apparently all other operating systems 32-bit or 64-bit are supported, just not XP 64-bit. I really don't want to return the printer or have to upgrade both my desktop and laptop computers which are both functioning perfectly on Win Xp 64-bit.

I contacted HP and they basically told me that I was SOL. Any other solutions or work-arounds out there? The disk won't let me even install the software, it simply says my os is not compatible.
July 21, 2011 1:10:32 PM

finally after 1 hour i've solved the problem.

i've gone to printer and fax (i don't know the right name i have windows xp 64 in italian language)
then i've add manually a printer.
i've selected "printer connected to the pc"
i've create a new tcp/ip port and give the ip that has the printer (now the printer ip is manual not with dhcp)
then printer install but not work.
after i've gone
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL999?viewlocale=it_IT&loca...
to download the bonjour print service

and finally install bonjour

it found the printer and install it.

how my HP Officejet 7500A - E910a works in wifi under Windows XP 64bit SP2.

hope this will hwlp you...

see you...
May 7, 2013 11:54:06 AM

Tony's help was great. I could print with my 7500A in wifi terms, but, culd you scan from it to pc??
I see in this way we just install the printer driver, but there's not "HP" folder or app after installation... :( 
Did somebody? did you, tony? can you help me? thank you!
!