Sign in with
Your question
Solved

3D display

Last response: in Home Theatre
January 7, 2013 1:38:16 AM

I have a Sony 24 in 3D Display monitor. I have had it for over 6 months now and every day one or two times a day it will go black but only for one second and then it will come back on.

Is there any thing I can do about this?

More about : display

January 7, 2013 4:23:10 AM

Try unplug and replug all the cables something might be loose
m
l
January 8, 2013 1:34:20 AM

Zac90 said:
I have a Sony 24 in 3D Display monitor. I have had it for over 6 months now and every day one or two times a day it will go black but only for one second and then it will come back on.

Is there any thing I can do about this?

does it do this at random times or only when you are watching specific content on it (3D blu ray for example)?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

February 13, 2013 5:24:52 AM

I have the same display. I fixed the problem by buying a usb case fan and hooking it onto the back left (if you are looking at the back of monitor on the left) side of the monitor. Under the back left side of the monitor is a piece of plastic that can be removed to reveal a usb port, you'll need something small to pop the piece of plastic off. If you want to attach the fan as simply as possible, you could just bend a couple paper clips into hook and hang the fan in the grill like backside of the monitor. Plug it into the monitor's usb port and you're good to go. Fan will only power on when monitor is on and black screens will be no more.
February 23, 2013 7:38:26 AM

ceejayii said:
I have the same display. I fixed the problem by buying a usb case fan and hooking it onto the back left (if you are looking at the back of monitor on the left) side of the monitor. Under the back left side of the monitor is a piece of plastic that can be removed to reveal a usb port, you'll need something small to pop the piece of plastic off. If you want to attach the fan as simply as possible, you could just bend a couple paper clips into hook and hang the fan in the grill like backside of the monitor. Plug it into the monitor's usb port and you're good to go. Fan will only power on when monitor is on and black screens will be no more.

Sounds legit but I called em since it was under warranty, they said power issue. Called Wensday, got the box Thursday, sent it Friday and got it on Monday. Sony actually did something right, giving u the best answer tho, cuz u put in so much work
m
l
February 23, 2013 7:38:42 AM

Best answer selected by Zac90.
m
l
!