Sign in with
Your question

SPAM!!! A64/Opteron will be more secure with SP2

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 6, 2004 9:06:35 PM

<A HREF="http://www.arstechnica.com/wankerdesk/04q1/sp2-beta-3.h..." target="_new">LOL!!!</A> This is something some people here would definitely blow out of proportion...scroll down to "System-level protection."

[worried sarcasm and idiocy]Looks like I have to go out and buy a whole new system so I can be protected against Blaster and its kin!! OH NO!!! What is Intel doing these days? AMD is <b>SOOOOOO</b> much better, it has built-in Virus Protection in the processor!! AMD rulez!!![/worried sarcasm and idiocy]

Anyway, the article details XP SP2 (or at least this beta version).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.
January 7, 2004 6:41:38 AM

I hope that the crack i used in installing XP SP1 will work on SP2.

<b>
Anything said by Bill Gate$ is evil.
</b>

<b>MY RIG</b>
<font color=purple> INTEL P4 2.0GHZ | NVIDIA GEFORCEFX 5200 64MB | 256MB DDR266 SDRAM | INT. AUDIO | SEAGATE 7200.7 40GB HDD | LG 15" CRT | WIN98SE</font color=purple>
January 7, 2004 7:31:25 AM

it wont just make a difference to the blaster worm. theres loads of viruses/ nasty executables/ unstable software that can be forgotten about with this tech, apparently.

it eradicates the need for a lot of software complication i think. its actually a very neat solution "tagged memory locations".

its already in Intel's Itanium btw.

if you think its just virus protection, you need to read more about it. its not as if AMD are making a big deal about it anyway - i dont know why not. anything that reduces the risk of malicious code use is good in my book, and hopefully less patches in the next version of windows too (for AMD and Itanium anyway).
Related resources
January 7, 2004 8:18:28 AM

You are a criminal and <b>dare</b> to comment on Microsoft's security technology? It's you and your other criminal 'friends' that make the world unsafe in the first place!
January 7, 2004 8:40:25 AM

Quote:
if you think its just virus protection, you need to read more about it. its not as if AMD are making a big deal about it anyway - i dont know why not. anything that reduces the risk of malicious code use is good in my book, and hopefully less patches in the next version of windows too (for AMD and Itanium anyway).

They don't advertise it because Intel tried the same and got many negative reactions about privacy violation. The hardware itself doesn't do that and the worst case scenario is better than today's situation, so the accusations are false but it's not easy to convince the dumb public about it. So the best thing to do is implement it behind their backs and just let them experience and appreciate the advantages later...
January 7, 2004 8:44:57 AM

Quote:
Who said I was with Warez huh?

Did I say anything about warez then?
January 7, 2004 9:19:52 AM

Please elaborate. What is "very few people" and how did you determine that 'number'? And what do you mean with "like you", do you know me personally maybe?
January 7, 2004 10:54:30 AM

If you changed your serial code you are fine (M$ can't distinguish between a real and fakey as long as the fake fits the algorith).

January 7, 2004 12:42:17 PM

I would suggest you get help since Microsoft is a business not the vortex to hell. They are in the business of making money and they do it regardless of what you think or do.

Further more how is 45 dollars American for a student copy of Windows XP a big deal? I guess based on your logic I can come to your house and steal some things since I don’t feel I should have to pay for it. Oh and I think I will garnish 30% of your families income cause I just don’t want to work as many hours anymore.

Seriously someone worked to make that product whether they work hard and consistent, or lazy and incorrect. They should get their dues, and your theft of their software is a criminal offence under EULA. So I would suggest just keeping your pirating to yourself or someone might just report you.

-taitertot

I carry the legacy of one of your fallen; let us remember him fondly for he is always watching.
January 7, 2004 1:01:49 PM

I'm surprised anybody replied to this thread seriously...

January 7, 2004 2:14:12 PM

Very well said!
January 8, 2004 2:58:05 AM

Im sorry I must not be l337 enought to understand what you are trying to get at.

-taitertot

If this post has attitude, seems to be overly aggressive, rude, distasteful to 99% of the users here, and shows a zealous defense of Intel... It’s probably Spud.
January 8, 2004 12:53:47 PM

No I dont actually your logic is flawed since if all it is for you is updates then why buy a car new stuff is gonna be out in a year. Or why buy a house when you can get a bigger nicer one built in 2-3 months. Why goto school when they are going to change the courses every year.

Seriously theives that try and justify themselves by claiming they are a victim or its unjust of them to have to pay for things makes me more annoyed then them touting about they have a key gen for such and such software or a hack for this copy protections.

A theif is a theif no matter how you look at it. Your not robin hood bud your joe blow mr I feel everything should be handed to me because I dont have a perception of what it feels like to work on something.

-taitertot

If this post has attitude, seems to be overly aggressive, rude, distasteful to 99% of the users here, and shows a zealous defense of Intel... It’s probably Spud.
!