IPB ( Illinois Pinball Company ) WESITE UPDATE ( Decals Ad..

Last response: in Video Games
August 3, 2005 11:43:01 PM

Lots of decals were added to the website today. They will be available
soon at your favorite suppliers/distributors

Bookmark us as we are updating the site often

www.illinoispinball.com

Thanks
IPB STAFF

More about : ipb illinois pinball company wesite update decals

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 11:52:41 PM

FYI... a "skip intro" button is only useful if it appears *before* the
intro is over. I despise flash sites, and I know I'm not the only one.
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 11:59:15 PM

i notice that bearcave is missing on the distributor list. i guess they
are gone for good.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 11:59:49 PM

At least turn the looping music off.

Marcel
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:01:00 AM

HEY! i like the flash into! it is the only reson to go to the website
so far ;-)

i thought flash was a no-no on websites for years now?

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:02:43 AM

The Website was just fixed and re-published to give you an option to
enter without flash.

We really want this to work and are staffed to support your comments
and suggestions.

hit reload to get the most recent change

www.illinoispinball.com

Thanks
IPB STAFF
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:03:30 AM

thank goodness my speakers were turned off.

now, the real question, do i turn them on and see what i am missing?
;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:28:03 AM

This is a start. Or has this site been around for a while and was I
unaware of it? Regardless, I'm personally glad to see it.

What happens in October though? Does IPB go away? Or do they just
become one of Wayne's marionettes?

Don't get me wrong, it just seems that everything would've ran a whole
lot smoother if we had kept production and licensing in the states.
Wish I had had the money.

Tim

Illinois Pinball Company wrote:
> Lots of decals were added to the website today. They will be available
> soon at your favorite suppliers/distributors
>
> Bookmark us as we are updating the site often
>
> www.illinoispinball.com
>

> Thanks
> IPB STAFF
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:37:57 AM

having the money wasn't the problem. if that was all it took, there
were a few people in line in front of wayne...

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
August 4, 2005 12:41:28 AM

<<HEY! i like the flash into! it is the only reson to go to the website

so far ;-) >>

Looked kind of weird to me, when it said "illinois pinball company",
then to the right of it appears this sea urchin or something, what the
hell was that? Then a picture of some kind of indoor swimming pool at
the end? Ooooooh-kayyyyyyy
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:57:24 AM

I like how they have the ringmaster head on the front page and then
don't even offer it for sale anywhere. :p
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:21:00 AM

I give IPB credit for making improvements to their site. I think they
are at least going in the right direction. In addition, this website
has been updated at least 4 times today and every time I go there it
looks different. I am sure they are working on many improvements that
will better pinball. I may be wrong (I have *NO* affiliation with IPB
at all) but I view it as an attempt to make things better and better
the communication with IPB. Its gotta start somewhere, so instead of a
flamefest, how about giving them a cheer for at least *ATTEMPTING* to
better their site/communication? I think a little support is in order
here.

Good luck IPB, I will be excited about ANY updates if it will better
pinball!
Brian...flamesuit on.

Jim Knight wrote:
> IPB Staff,
>
> Great Start. I am hoping this ends up to be what we were hoping for back
> after WMS went under and you took over their pin stuff.
>
> Know it is easy for us here to be vocal on opinions as to your speed to
> market, etc. However, also feel if this works out, that we all (myself
> included) can feel comfortable eating a little crow. So, let me say in all
> honesty, I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful thing and that crow
> doesn't taste that bad.
>
> Jim Knight - With his IPB Support Flame Suit On
>

> Jim Knight
> RottendogAmusements
>
> "Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote in message
> > Lots of decals were added to the website today. They will be available
> > soon at your favorite suppliers/distributors
> >
> > Bookmark us as we are updating the site often
> >
> > www.illinoispinball.com
> >

> > Thanks
> > IPB STAFF

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:27:24 AM

Better. Now you need to update the sticker pics to get Jeff's watermark
off :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

who cares, the color was off by a mile anyway. ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:37:23 AM

Three Cheers! Wooo hOOoo!!! :)
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 3:46:47 AM

IPB Staff,

Great Start. I am hoping this ends up to be what we were hoping for back
after WMS went under and you took over their pin stuff.

Know it is easy for us here to be vocal on opinions as to your speed to
market, etc. However, also feel if this works out, that we all (myself
included) can feel comfortable eating a little crow. So, let me say in all
honesty, I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful thing and that crow
doesn't taste that bad.

Jim Knight - With his IPB Support Flame Suit On

Jim Knight
RottendogAmusements

"Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote in message
> Lots of decals were added to the website today. They will be available
> soon at your favorite suppliers/distributors
>
> Bookmark us as we are updating the site often
>
> www.illinoispinball.com
>

> Thanks
> IPB STAFF

August 4, 2005 7:08:01 AM

Wow, they took that suggestion quick. I am using a modem right now and
certainly hated the flash the first (and last) time.

> The Website was just fixed and re-published to give you an option to
> enter without flash.
>
> We really want this to work and are staffed to support your comments
> and suggestions.
>
> hit reload to get the most recent change
>

> www.illinoispinball.com
>
> Thanks
> IPB STAFF

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 10:25:19 AM

TV Engineer wrote:
> Check your spelling "We have what your looking for" should be "We have what
> YOU'RE looking for"
> (spelling is kind of a pet peeve of mine)

Funny. If your slogan [ipb] is going to be that, then maybe they should
back it up? I rattled off 20 playfields to them and they didn't have
one of them.

While the site is an improvement, the cheesy flash animation should go.
It looks a sample from a "LEARN FLASH IN 30 DAYS" book and they just
put some text in it.

I also enjoy the people congratulating IPB for the website. What a
joke, it's like giving props to a 18 year old for finally passing the
8th grade. Where was the web site 3 years ago? The _only_ reason they
are doing this is they now have competition and regardless how
successfully Wayne could be, he's still going to blow IPB out of the
water.

bob
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 11:36:27 AM

If Jeff did his ClassicArcades site , then I doubt he is behind
"coding" this new site.
There is a very distinct coding/style difference between the two sites
& Jeff wouldn't dumb down the newer IPD site after doing such a good
job on his older CA site.
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:13:29 PM

Check your spelling "We have what your looking for" should be "We have what
YOU'RE looking for"
(spelling is kind of a pet peeve of mine)
--
Aaron Talley ACO / MCT
WCIA / WCFN Engineering

"Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote in message
> Lots of decals were added to the website today. They will be available
> soon at your favorite suppliers/distributors
>
> Bookmark us as we are updating the site often
>
> www.illinoispinball.com
>

> Thanks
> IPB STAFF

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:08:40 PM

robert.cumberford@gmail.com wrote:
> I also enjoy the people congratulating IPB for the website. What a
> joke, it's like giving props to a 18 year old for finally passing the
> 8th grade. Where was the web site 3 years ago?

C'mon man. There's no reason to knock progress just because it's late.
Is it late? Sure. But I'd much rather have progress late than never.

They say necessity is the mother of invention. Looks like with BC
gone, IPB finds it necessary to communicate directly with people. I
think that's a _GOOD_ _THING_!

....now, let's just hope it is a sign of a new direction. ;)
August 4, 2005 1:31:29 PM

I actually like flash sites....and most if not all have the ability to
skip to a HTML version.

Jono
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:38:13 PM

You and I seem to make up a small percentage..
Pinball relates sites should be just plain html in my opinion.
Flash Intros are cool but it should be an optional thing:
[View "Intro"] [Enter Site]

...and everyone hates sites with a looping audio background.

Marcel
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 1:51:32 PM

dragonbreed@aol.com wrote:

> Pinball relates sites should be just plain html in my opinion.

Ditto. That's the reason why I like Steve Young's website so much --
it looks like it was designed during the Stone Age, or maybe the Bronze
at the latest.

- Josh A.
August 4, 2005 2:20:37 PM

> If nothing else, it sure has got KOZ's panties in a bunch.......... :-) :-)
> :-)
>
> Mike

OMG! Say it's not a thong please...... <shiver in horror>
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 2:23:15 PM

Agreed, whatever it takes. If i have to sit through 2 hours of flash
annimation in order to get the part i need so be it. ;)

maybe there was always bad chemistry with the IPB/BC pairing. Hopefuly
they have someone they can work with that can help them move forward,
get us the parts that we need and make some money so that they succeed
and continue(or start) to provide a valuable service.

If it's Jeff or krusty the clown helping them out I dont care.

;)

-c
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 2:25:01 PM

At least Jeff can sell some stuff for a little while. Or not. I
figured I'd call my local distributor and hear them say, "I don't know
what you are talking about."

John!
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 5:01:35 PM

Steve youngs site is horrible to get around in. That is the other
extreme. Pinball life has a good format thou. Even thou I couldn't
find bulb condoms for the life of me. :p
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 7:07:05 PM

Regular condoms don't fit you? ;-)

GRY

"Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Steve youngs site is horrible to get around in. That is the other
> extreme. Pinball life has a good format thou. Even thou I couldn't
> find bulb condoms for the life of me. :p

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 7:09:19 PM

Nwojedi wrote:

> Pinball life has a good format thou. Even thou I couldn't
> find bulb condoms for the life of me.

For thou:

http://www.pinballlife.com/page139.html
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 9:10:49 PM

WOW!! Maybe mixing things up at IPB is going to be a good thing!

Maybe my BBB will get done even faster (much to Pinlicdickhead's chagrin!)!!

If nothing else, it sure has got KOZ's panties in a bunch.......... :-) :-)
:-)

Mike
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 3:10:21 AM

"Josh A." wrote:

> dragonbreed@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Pinball relates sites should be just plain html in my opinion.
>
> Ditto. That's the reason why I like Steve Young's website so much --
> it looks like it was designed during the Stone Age, or maybe the Bronze
> at the latest.

Amen! I'm looking for parts, not entertainment. Here on the other
hand...
;)

Serg
August 5, 2005 5:15:19 AM

"Ceegary" <ceegary@cox.net> wrote in message news:gkwIe.30716$bp.25150@fed1read03...
> Regular condoms don't fit you? ;-)
>
> GRY

LOL!

> "Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Steve youngs site is horrible to get around in. That is the other
> > extreme. Pinball life has a good format thou. Even thou I couldn't
> > find bulb condoms for the life of me. :p

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 9:53:45 AM

Nice decals, but why do all the photo's say "Classic Arcades" all over
them?

;)

Barry - NY
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 10:40:25 AM

So that people can't copy and print their own.

Also, this is the licensed distributor/maker.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=========================
Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com) wrote:
> Nice decals, but why do all the photo's say "Classic Arcades" all over
> them?
>
> ;)
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 12:07:31 PM

And why are they called OEM if they're repros?
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 2:08:28 PM

"pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> And why are they called OEM if they're repros?

I find that very annoying, and not a good reflection on IPB. It implies
that they are the same quality as NOS, which many of them are not (though
many are as well.)

Now if you really need something, even if it's pixilated and jaggy, then by
all means grab what you need. But don't tell me something is OEM when it
ain't.

They should at least change the button to just say "Decals," and better yet
"Reproduction Decals."

IMHO.

Randy
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 4:12:46 PM

Because they come from or are authorized by the OEM.

They aren't advertising them as "NOS".

They are "NNS"....

--
Fred
TX

"pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1123254451.021090.226430@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> And why are they called OEM if they're repros?

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:49:35 PM

> So that people can't copy and print their own.

The point you missed is that it isnt Classic Arcades website...but
IPB's. (see: Sarcasm)

I guess all the Hoo-Ha about not being able to print decals anymore is
past? Everybody's playing nice-nice now?

Barry - NY
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 6:50:35 PM

No, I didn't miss the point at all.

IPB considers _them_ OEM....

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8

========================
Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com) wrote:
> > So that people can't copy and print their own.
>
> The point you missed is that it isnt Classic Arcades website...but
> IPB's. (see: Sarcasm)
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 7:18:39 PM

> No, I didn't miss the point at all.

Yes you did. It's bush-league webdesign/marketing on their part.

Barry - NY
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 8:20:26 PM

> Okay, whatever.

Fred...you do realize you have been arguing with me over someone elses
post...right? ( I said nothing regarding OEM, NOS, etc)

:p

Barry - NY
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 8:38:14 PM

> > Okay, whatever.
>
> Fred...you do realize you have been arguing with me over someone elses
> post...right? ( I said nothing regarding OEM, NOS, etc)
>
> :p
>
> Barry - NY

No, the quote "So that people can't copy and print their own." was
indeed from Fred's post so you're arguing with the right person :p

BBJ
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 8:54:11 PM

<big sigh> Please try to follow along both of you:

I SAID: Why are Classic Arcades logos on the pictures? (I was being
sarcastic (note the smiley)...it seems bush-league to me.)

FRED SAID: So you dont print them... (replying to my post)

PINBALLJIM SAID: And why are the called OEM if they are repros?

I SAID: You missed my point (regarding the logo content (Arcade
Classics)...not why is a logo present. (I quoted Fred so he would know
what I was talking about.)

FRED SAID: No I didnt...IPB considers them OEM. (which has nothing to
do with the logos on the JPG, etc. He is replying to pinballjim...not
me)

You now you BOTH have missed the point(s). This has gotta be a
newsreader/thread fubar.

<whew>

Barry - NY
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 9:55:58 PM

Okay, whatever.

(I guess we can't all start at the top......)

--
Fred
TX

<Backglass@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1123280319.150475.249650@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > No, I didn't miss the point at all.
>
> Yes you did. It's bush-league webdesign/marketing on their part.
>
> Barry - NY

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 9:59:53 PM

> "Whoever" is the supplier of their products matters little to me, nor does the watermark they use. <shrug>

Nor I, but it should to THEM. When Stern/Sears/Chevrolet, etc shows a
part photo in a catalog or on the web, it doesnt have "Kiansawa
Consolidated Plastics" all over it. It's their part even if they didnt
fabricate it. It arrives in a bag with their name on it. It's all
about brand marketing.

> They are now stepping into the "20th century", so I guess we have to allow them time to 'catch up'

Agreed 100%. It's a start, and they will only improve with time. It's
easy to start the web stuff...but the pain is in the upkeep. I hope
they stick with it.

Barry - NY
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 11:20:46 PM

LIke I said, whatever. It's all in the
same "storyline" at least.

I am not arguing at all. They are now stepping
into the "20th century", so I guess we have to
allow them time to 'catch up'........

"Whoever" is the supplier of their products matters little
to me, nor does the watermark they use. <shrug>

They are now a "family" I suppose.

--
Fred
TX

<Backglass@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1123286051.123053.153820@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> <big sigh> Please try to follow along both of you:

> I SAID: Why are Classic Arcades logos on the pictures? (I was being
> sarcastic (note the smiley)...it seems bush-league to me.)
>
> FRED SAID: So you dont print them... (replying to my post)
>
> PINBALLJIM SAID: And why are the called OEM if they are repros?
>
> I SAID: You missed my point (regarding the logo content (Arcade
> Classics)...not why is a logo present. (I quoted Fred so he would know
> what I was talking about.)
>
> FRED SAID: No I didnt...IPB considers them OEM. (which has nothing to
> do with the logos on the JPG, etc. He is replying to pinballjim...not
> me)

> You now you BOTH have missed the point(s). This has gotta be a
> newsreader/thread fubar.
>
> <whew>
>
> Barry - NY

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 11:48:40 PM

Yes. We get into symatics again- OEM means Original Equipment Manufacture.
NOS is similar- New Old Stock. Neither really confirm nor deny a genuine
authentic original first run part, etc. I used to be in the car restoration
market and the same terms were used all the time. We got into using terms
like "genuine" and "original" (often together) instead, just to avoid
misconceptions that were often associated with OEM and NOS. You can buy a
new console-mount oil gauge for a 1969 Camaro from GM at any dealer in the
U.S. - today- and it's called OEM because GM (the original equipment
manufacturer) made it. Is it NOS? Genuine? Original? Correct? Maybe,
yes, yes, no- the new replacement gauge is black and the original was
silver. But you got an OEM part...

Gotta watch out!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"Keith Stelter" <stelter@qtm.net> wrote in message
> It's the same bullshit that Gene pulls with other stuff like flyers.
> He had KISS flyers reprinted and pawned them off as OEM at expo. Then the
> people who paid big bucks for them thinking that they were originals found
> out that they were reprints, but Gene's logic is that since he owns the
> rights they are indeed original OEM.
> At least that is what I have been told...
> My experience in the automotive world taught me that that something should
> only be called OEM if they were (or are) made by the EXACT same company
> using the original manufacturing equipment used to make the original
> part(s). Even if Stern made parts for early stern machines like Meteor
they
> really wouldn't be OEM because that was a different incarnation of the
Stern
> company.
> Companies like Rock Ola, Wurlitzer and Seeburg have tried this ploy with
> jukebox stuff in the past.
>
> "Randy P." <pinball@REMOVEthepecks.com> wrote in message
> > "pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> And why are they called OEM if they're repros?
> >
> > I find that very annoying, and not a good reflection on IPB. It implies
> > that they are the same quality as NOS, which many of them are not
(though
> > many are as well.)
> >
> > Now if you really need something, even if it's pixilated and jaggy, then
> > by all means grab what you need. But don't tell me something is OEM
when
> > it ain't.
> >
> > They should at least change the button to just say "Decals," and better
> > yet "Reproduction Decals."
> >
> > IMHO.
> >
> > Randy

News==----