IPB ( Illinois Pinball Company ) WESITE UPDATE ( Decals Ad..

Lots of decals were added to the website today. They will be available
soon at your favorite suppliers/distributors

Bookmark us as we are updating the site often

www.illinoispinball.com

Thanks
IPB STAFF
47 answers Last reply
More about illinois pinball company wesite update decals

    FYI... a "skip intro" button is only useful if it appears *before* the
    intro is over. I despise flash sites, and I know I'm not the only one.

    i notice that bearcave is missing on the distributor list. i guess they
    are gone for good.

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    At least turn the looping music off.

    Marcel

    HEY! i like the flash into! it is the only reson to go to the website
    so far ;-)

    i thought flash was a no-no on websites for years now?

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    The Website was just fixed and re-published to give you an option to
    enter without flash.

    We really want this to work and are staffed to support your comments
    and suggestions.

    hit reload to get the most recent change

    www.illinoispinball.com

    Thanks
    IPB STAFF

    thank goodness my speakers were turned off.

    now, the real question, do i turn them on and see what i am missing?
    ;-)

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    This is a start. Or has this site been around for a while and was I
    unaware of it? Regardless, I'm personally glad to see it.

    What happens in October though? Does IPB go away? Or do they just
    become one of Wayne's marionettes?

    Don't get me wrong, it just seems that everything would've ran a whole
    lot smoother if we had kept production and licensing in the states.
    Wish I had had the money.

    Tim

    Illinois Pinball Company wrote:
    > Lots of decals were added to the website today. They will be available
    > soon at your favorite suppliers/distributors
    >
    > Bookmark us as we are updating the site often
    >
    > www.illinoispinball.com
    >

    > Thanks
    > IPB STAFF

    having the money wasn't the problem. if that was all it took, there
    were a few people in line in front of wayne...

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    <<HEY! i like the flash into! it is the only reson to go to the website

    so far ;-) >>

    Looked kind of weird to me, when it said "illinois pinball company",
    then to the right of it appears this sea urchin or something, what the
    hell was that? Then a picture of some kind of indoor swimming pool at
    the end? Ooooooh-kayyyyyyy

    I like how they have the ringmaster head on the front page and then
    don't even offer it for sale anywhere. :P

    I give IPB credit for making improvements to their site. I think they
    are at least going in the right direction. In addition, this website
    has been updated at least 4 times today and every time I go there it
    looks different. I am sure they are working on many improvements that
    will better pinball. I may be wrong (I have *NO* affiliation with IPB
    at all) but I view it as an attempt to make things better and better
    the communication with IPB. Its gotta start somewhere, so instead of a
    flamefest, how about giving them a cheer for at least *ATTEMPTING* to
    better their site/communication? I think a little support is in order
    here.

    Good luck IPB, I will be excited about ANY updates if it will better
    pinball!
    Brian...flamesuit on.

    Jim Knight wrote:
    > IPB Staff,
    >
    > Great Start. I am hoping this ends up to be what we were hoping for back
    > after WMS went under and you took over their pin stuff.
    >
    > Know it is easy for us here to be vocal on opinions as to your speed to
    > market, etc. However, also feel if this works out, that we all (myself
    > included) can feel comfortable eating a little crow. So, let me say in all
    > honesty, I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful thing and that crow
    > doesn't taste that bad.
    >
    > Jim Knight - With his IPB Support Flame Suit On
    >

    > Jim Knight
    > RottendogAmusements
    >
    > "Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote in message
    > > Lots of decals were added to the website today. They will be available
    > > soon at your favorite suppliers/distributors
    > >
    > > Bookmark us as we are updating the site often
    > >
    > > www.illinoispinball.com
    > >

    > > Thanks
    > > IPB STAFF

    Better. Now you need to update the sticker pics to get Jeff's watermark
    off :)

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    who cares, the color was off by a mile anyway. ;-)

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    Three Cheers! Wooo hOOoo!!! :)

    IPB Staff,

    Great Start. I am hoping this ends up to be what we were hoping for back
    after WMS went under and you took over their pin stuff.

    Know it is easy for us here to be vocal on opinions as to your speed to
    market, etc. However, also feel if this works out, that we all (myself
    included) can feel comfortable eating a little crow. So, let me say in all
    honesty, I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful thing and that crow
    doesn't taste that bad.

    Jim Knight - With his IPB Support Flame Suit On

    Jim Knight
    RottendogAmusements

    "Illinois Pinball Company" <staff@illinoispinball.com> wrote in message
    > Lots of decals were added to the website today. They will be available
    > soon at your favorite suppliers/distributors
    >
    > Bookmark us as we are updating the site often
    >
    > www.illinoispinball.com
    >

    > Thanks
    > IPB STAFF

    Wow, they took that suggestion quick. I am using a modem right now and
    certainly hated the flash the first (and last) time.

    TV Engineer wrote:
    > Check your spelling "We have what your looking for" should be "We have what
    > YOU'RE looking for"
    > (spelling is kind of a pet peeve of mine)

    Funny. If your slogan [ipb] is going to be that, then maybe they should
    back it up? I rattled off 20 playfields to them and they didn't have
    one of them.

    While the site is an improvement, the cheesy flash animation should go.
    It looks a sample from a "LEARN FLASH IN 30 DAYS" book and they just
    put some text in it.

    I also enjoy the people congratulating IPB for the website. What a
    joke, it's like giving props to a 18 year old for finally passing the
    8th grade. Where was the web site 3 years ago? The _only_ reason they
    are doing this is they now have competition and regardless how
    successfully Wayne could be, he's still going to blow IPB out of the
    water.

    bob

    If Jeff did his ClassicArcades site , then I doubt he is behind
    "coding" this new site.
    There is a very distinct coding/style difference between the two sites
    & Jeff wouldn't dumb down the newer IPD site after doing such a good
    job on his older CA site.

    Check your spelling "We have what your looking for" should be "We have what
    YOU'RE looking for"
    (spelling is kind of a pet peeve of mine)
    --
    Aaron Talley ACO / MCT
    WCIA / WCFN Engineering

    robert.cumberford@gmail.com wrote:
    > I also enjoy the people congratulating IPB for the website. What a
    > joke, it's like giving props to a 18 year old for finally passing the
    > 8th grade. Where was the web site 3 years ago?

    C'mon man. There's no reason to knock progress just because it's late.
    Is it late? Sure. But I'd much rather have progress late than never.

    They say necessity is the mother of invention. Looks like with BC
    gone, IPB finds it necessary to communicate directly with people. I
    think that's a _GOOD_ _THING_!

    ....now, let's just hope it is a sign of a new direction. ;)

    I actually like flash sites....and most if not all have the ability to
    skip to a HTML version.

    Jono

    You and I seem to make up a small percentage..
    Pinball relates sites should be just plain html in my opinion.
    Flash Intros are cool but it should be an optional thing:
    [View "Intro"] [Enter Site]

    ...and everyone hates sites with a looping audio background.

    Marcel

    dragonbreed@aol.com wrote:

    > Pinball relates sites should be just plain html in my opinion.

    Ditto. That's the reason why I like Steve Young's website so much --
    it looks like it was designed during the Stone Age, or maybe the Bronze
    at the latest.

    - Josh A.

    > If nothing else, it sure has got KOZ's panties in a bunch.......... :-) :-)
    > :-)
    >
    > Mike

    OMG! Say it's not a thong please...... <shiver in horror>

    Agreed, whatever it takes. If i have to sit through 2 hours of flash
    annimation in order to get the part i need so be it. ;)

    maybe there was always bad chemistry with the IPB/BC pairing. Hopefuly
    they have someone they can work with that can help them move forward,
    get us the parts that we need and make some money so that they succeed
    and continue(or start) to provide a valuable service.

    If it's Jeff or krusty the clown helping them out I dont care.

    ;)

    -c

    At least Jeff can sell some stuff for a little while. Or not. I
    figured I'd call my local distributor and hear them say, "I don't know
    what you are talking about."

    John!

    Steve youngs site is horrible to get around in. That is the other
    extreme. Pinball life has a good format thou. Even thou I couldn't
    find bulb condoms for the life of me. :p

    Regular condoms don't fit you? ;-)

    GRY

    Nwojedi wrote:

    > Pinball life has a good format thou. Even thou I couldn't
    > find bulb condoms for the life of me.

    For thou:

    http://www.pinballlife.com/page139.html

    WOW!! Maybe mixing things up at IPB is going to be a good thing!

    Maybe my BBB will get done even faster (much to Pinlicdickhead's chagrin!)!!

    "Josh A." wrote:

    > dragonbreed@aol.com wrote:
    >
    > > Pinball relates sites should be just plain html in my opinion.
    >
    > Ditto. That's the reason why I like Steve Young's website so much --
    > it looks like it was designed during the Stone Age, or maybe the Bronze
    > at the latest.

    Amen! I'm looking for parts, not entertainment. Here on the other
    hand...
    ;)

    Serg

    "Ceegary" <ceegary@cox.net> wrote in message news:gkwIe.30716$bp.25150@fed1read03...
    > Regular condoms don't fit you? ;-)
    >
    > GRY

    LOL!

    > "Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Steve youngs site is horrible to get around in. That is the other
    > > extreme. Pinball life has a good format thou. Even thou I couldn't
    > > find bulb condoms for the life of me. :p

    Nice decals, but why do all the photo's say "Classic Arcades" all over
    them?

    ;)

    Barry - NY

    So that people can't copy and print their own.

    Also, this is the licensed distributor/maker.

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8
    =========================
    Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com) wrote:
    > Nice decals, but why do all the photo's say "Classic Arcades" all over
    > them?
    >
    > ;)

    And why are they called OEM if they're repros?

    "pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > And why are they called OEM if they're repros?

    I find that very annoying, and not a good reflection on IPB. It implies
    that they are the same quality as NOS, which many of them are not (though
    many are as well.)

    Now if you really need something, even if it's pixilated and jaggy, then by
    all means grab what you need. But don't tell me something is OEM when it
    ain't.

    They should at least change the button to just say "Decals," and better yet
    "Reproduction Decals."

    IMHO.

    Randy

    Because they come from or are authorized by the OEM.

    They aren't advertising them as "NOS".

    They are "NNS"....

    --
    Fred
    TX

    "pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1123254451.021090.226430@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > And why are they called OEM if they're repros?

    > So that people can't copy and print their own.

    The point you missed is that it isnt Classic Arcades website...but
    IPB's. (see: Sarcasm)

    I guess all the Hoo-Ha about not being able to print decals anymore is
    past? Everybody's playing nice-nice now?

    Barry - NY

    No, I didn't miss the point at all.

    IPB considers _them_ OEM....

    Fred
    TX
    CARGPB#8

    ========================
    Barry - NY (Backglass@gmail.com) wrote:
    > > So that people can't copy and print their own.
    >
    > The point you missed is that it isnt Classic Arcades website...but
    > IPB's. (see: Sarcasm)

    > No, I didn't miss the point at all.

    Yes you did. It's bush-league webdesign/marketing on their part.

    Barry - NY

    > Okay, whatever.

    Fred...you do realize you have been arguing with me over someone elses
    post...right? ( I said nothing regarding OEM, NOS, etc)

    :P

    Barry - NY

    > > Okay, whatever.
    >
    > Fred...you do realize you have been arguing with me over someone elses
    > post...right? ( I said nothing regarding OEM, NOS, etc)
    >
    > :P
    >
    > Barry - NY

    No, the quote "So that people can't copy and print their own." was
    indeed from Fred's post so you're arguing with the right person :P

    BBJ

    <big sigh> Please try to follow along both of you:

    I SAID: Why are Classic Arcades logos on the pictures? (I was being
    sarcastic (note the smiley)...it seems bush-league to me.)

    FRED SAID: So you dont print them... (replying to my post)

    PINBALLJIM SAID: And why are the called OEM if they are repros?

    I SAID: You missed my point (regarding the logo content (Arcade
    Classics)...not why is a logo present. (I quoted Fred so he would know
    what I was talking about.)

    FRED SAID: No I didnt...IPB considers them OEM. (which has nothing to
    do with the logos on the JPG, etc. He is replying to pinballjim...not
    me)

    You now you BOTH have missed the point(s). This has gotta be a
    newsreader/thread fubar.

    <whew>

    Barry - NY

    Okay, whatever.

    (I guess we can't all start at the top......)

    --
    Fred
    TX

    <Backglass@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1123280319.150475.249650@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > > No, I didn't miss the point at all.
    >
    > Yes you did. It's bush-league webdesign/marketing on their part.
    >
    > Barry - NY

    > "Whoever" is the supplier of their products matters little to me, nor does the watermark they use. <shrug>

    Nor I, but it should to THEM. When Stern/Sears/Chevrolet, etc shows a
    part photo in a catalog or on the web, it doesnt have "Kiansawa
    Consolidated Plastics" all over it. It's their part even if they didnt
    fabricate it. It arrives in a bag with their name on it. It's all
    about brand marketing.

    > They are now stepping into the "20th century", so I guess we have to allow them time to 'catch up'

    Agreed 100%. It's a start, and they will only improve with time. It's
    easy to start the web stuff...but the pain is in the upkeep. I hope
    they stick with it.

    Barry - NY

    LIke I said, whatever. It's all in the
    same "storyline" at least.

    I am not arguing at all. They are now stepping
    into the "20th century", so I guess we have to
    allow them time to 'catch up'........

    "Whoever" is the supplier of their products matters little
    to me, nor does the watermark they use. <shrug>

    They are now a "family" I suppose.

    --
    Fred
    TX

    <Backglass@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1123286051.123053.153820@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    > <big sigh> Please try to follow along both of you:

    > I SAID: Why are Classic Arcades logos on the pictures? (I was being
    > sarcastic (note the smiley)...it seems bush-league to me.)
    >
    > FRED SAID: So you dont print them... (replying to my post)
    >
    > PINBALLJIM SAID: And why are the called OEM if they are repros?
    >
    > I SAID: You missed my point (regarding the logo content (Arcade
    > Classics)...not why is a logo present. (I quoted Fred so he would know
    > what I was talking about.)
    >
    > FRED SAID: No I didnt...IPB considers them OEM. (which has nothing to
    > do with the logos on the JPG, etc. He is replying to pinballjim...not
    > me)

    > You now you BOTH have missed the point(s). This has gotta be a
    > newsreader/thread fubar.
    >
    > <whew>
    >
    > Barry - NY

    Yes. We get into symatics again- OEM means Original Equipment Manufacture.
    NOS is similar- New Old Stock. Neither really confirm nor deny a genuine
    authentic original first run part, etc. I used to be in the car restoration
    market and the same terms were used all the time. We got into using terms
    like "genuine" and "original" (often together) instead, just to avoid
    misconceptions that were often associated with OEM and NOS. You can buy a
    new console-mount oil gauge for a 1969 Camaro from GM at any dealer in the
    U.S. - today- and it's called OEM because GM (the original equipment
    manufacturer) made it. Is it NOS? Genuine? Original? Correct? Maybe,
    yes, yes, no- the new replacement gauge is black and the original was
    silver. But you got an OEM part...

    Gotta watch out!

    Ray J.
    --
    Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
    Salt Lake City, Utah USA

    "Keith Stelter" <stelter@qtm.net> wrote in message
    > It's the same bullshit that Gene pulls with other stuff like flyers.
    > He had KISS flyers reprinted and pawned them off as OEM at expo. Then the
    > people who paid big bucks for them thinking that they were originals found
    > out that they were reprints, but Gene's logic is that since he owns the
    > rights they are indeed original OEM.
    > At least that is what I have been told...
    > My experience in the automotive world taught me that that something should
    > only be called OEM if they were (or are) made by the EXACT same company
    > using the original manufacturing equipment used to make the original
    > part(s). Even if Stern made parts for early stern machines like Meteor
    they
    > really wouldn't be OEM because that was a different incarnation of the
    Stern
    > company.
    > Companies like Rock Ola, Wurlitzer and Seeburg have tried this ploy with
    > jukebox stuff in the past.
    >
    > "Randy P." <pinball@REMOVEthepecks.com> wrote in message
    > > "pinballjim" <pinballjim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> And why are they called OEM if they're repros?
    > >
    > > I find that very annoying, and not a good reflection on IPB. It implies
    > > that they are the same quality as NOS, which many of them are not
    (though
    > > many are as well.)
    > >
    > > Now if you really need something, even if it's pixilated and jaggy, then
    > > by all means grab what you need. But don't tell me something is OEM
    when
    > > it ain't.
    > >
    > > They should at least change the button to just say "Decals," and better
    > > yet "Reproduction Decals."
    > >
    > > IMHO.
    > >
    > > Randy

    News==----