Remove Bally head nuts from cabinet?

Last response: in Video Games
August 4, 2005 7:40:00 AM

I have a Bally SnS with 2 stripped nuts where the head bolts on...how do
you remove them? I'd rather not "whack" at it until someone gives me an
insight...

Thanks for any help. BTW, what size nuts are they anyway?
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 7:40:01 AM

Sometimes the t-nuts come out and it seems like it's stripped. Reach
inside (under) the head and push up on the t-nut. You migh be able to
get a vise grip on it as well.

CK
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 7:53:05 AM

"raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I have a Bally SnS with 2 stripped nuts where the head bolts on...how do
> you remove them? I'd rather not "whack" at it until someone gives me an
> insight...
>
> Thanks for any help. BTW, what size nuts are they anyway?

Let me clarify, these are the nuts that are set into the cabinet - the
bolts go through the backbox and go into these nuts. It looks like they
just push down into the cabinet, but will not budge - glued in?
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 3:38:59 AM

I don't know what a "SnS" is, but every bally I've seen, has 3/8
Course(3/8 by 18) "T" Nuts.

Put the bolt back in a couple of threads, then hit the bolt with a
hammer; the "T" Nut will then drop down.

Then grab the "T" Nut with a pliers, & twist the bolt out..

Sometimes they hold the "T" Nut in with a couple of screws

With the new "T" nut, you just pound it in the hole from below.

Hardware stores have these, plus bolts.

Good Luck, EL

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 03:53:05 GMT, "raptor68_428"

!