Remove Bally head nuts from cabinet?

I have a Bally SnS with 2 stripped nuts where the head bolts on...how do
you remove them? I'd rather not "whack" at it until someone gives me an
insight...

Thanks for any help. BTW, what size nuts are they anyway?
3 answers Last reply
More about remove bally head nuts cabinet

    Sometimes the t-nuts come out and it seems like it's stripped. Reach
    inside (under) the head and push up on the t-nut. You migh be able to
    get a vise grip on it as well.

    CK

    "raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > I have a Bally SnS with 2 stripped nuts where the head bolts on...how do
    > you remove them? I'd rather not "whack" at it until someone gives me an
    > insight...
    >
    > Thanks for any help. BTW, what size nuts are they anyway?

    Let me clarify, these are the nuts that are set into the cabinet - the
    bolts go through the backbox and go into these nuts. It looks like they
    just push down into the cabinet, but will not budge - glued in?

    I don't know what a "SnS" is, but every bally I've seen, has 3/8
    Course(3/8 by 18) "T" Nuts.

    Put the bolt back in a couple of threads, then hit the bolt with a
    hammer; the "T" Nut will then drop down.

    Then grab the "T" Nut with a pliers, & twist the bolt out..

    Sometimes they hold the "T" Nut in with a couple of screws

    With the new "T" nut, you just pound it in the hole from below.

    Hardware stores have these, plus bolts.

    Good Luck, EL

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 03:53:05 GMT, "raptor68_428"
    <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >"raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >
    >> I have a Bally SnS with 2 stripped nuts where the head bolts on...how do
    >> you remove them? I'd rather not "whack" at it until someone gives me an
    >> insight...
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help. BTW, what size nuts are they anyway?
    >
    >Let me clarify, these are the nuts that are set into the cabinet - the
    >bolts go through the backbox and go into these nuts. It looks like they
    >just push down into the cabinet, but will not budge - glued in?

Games Video Games