HP jetdirect 2552B and HP 1600cm printer config/update iss..

I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web
jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it
will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How Can I
recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a 192.168.0.1....
network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it.

Thanks for the help,

ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is attached
to.

On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote...

> I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web
> jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it
> will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How Can I
> recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a 192.168.0.1....
> network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is attached
> to.

Hello, Jack,

have you already tried flashing it again?

I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him
Samwise

Yes I did try but it cannot communicate on the net now.
"Christian Dürrhauer" <cduerr@geog.fu-berlin.de> wrote in message
> On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote...
>
> > I have a jetdirect 2552b network card and I tried to update it using web
> > jetadmin software to a recent version it says it did not complete and it
> > will not allow any config for the network ip and subnet addresses. How
Can I
> > recover from this. it is in a HP 1600cm printer. I have a
192.168.0.1....
> > network and it says it is 192.0.0.192 and I have no way to correct it.
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> >
> > ps. A Windows 2000 network and unix (solaris) network in what is is
attached
> > to.
>
> Hello, Jack,
>
> have you already tried flashing it again?
>
> --
> mit freundlichen Grüßen/with kind regards
> Christian Dürrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin
>
> I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him
> Samwise

On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote...

>> have you already tried flashing it again?

> Yes I did try but it cannot communicate on the net now.

Can you set the IP manually?

I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him
Samwise

No but I did a reset and it seems to have a new ip still checking. even
though I have a seeming new Ip the update did not complete using hp download
mananger
> On the seventh day, Jack Matthews wrote...
>
> >> have you already tried flashing it again?
>
> > Yes I did try but it cannot communicate on the net now.
>
> Can you set the IP manually?
>
> --
> mit freundlichen Grüßen/with kind regards
> Christian Dürrhauer, Institute of Geography, FU Berlin
>
> I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise! 'Don't you leave him
> Samwise

Doesn't Web JetAdmin allow you to select the JetDirect to configure according to
its MAC address, like the older Install Network Printer Wizard? If not,
download, install and try Install Network Printer Wizard. It may get you out of
the bind you are in.

Install Network Printer Wizard gives the options to scan (search?) for the
JetDirect and also to select it without scanning for it by entering a MAC
address, an existing IP address, and some other options which I forget 'cause I
never use them... Ben Myers