Still having trouble getting in any of the rooms on the zone

The error message is: A web page error is preventing the
game from opening. Try refreshing the page or try again
later. This is getting very fustrating. I
have tried doing what +nibblesnbits says to do for Norton
and it hasn't helped. I can get in the rooms about
once a month and sometimes not even that. I manly want
to get in the crib and backgammon rooms.

Please help me!
THANK YOU

bsclsb@hotmail.com wrote:

> The error message is: A web page error is preventing the
> game from opening. Try refreshing the page or try again
> later. This is getting very fustrating. I
> have tried doing what +nibblesnbits says to do for Norton
> and it hasn't helped. I can get in the rooms about
> once a month and sometimes not even that. I manly want
> to get in the crib and backgammon rooms.
>
> Please help me!
> THANK YOU

Please post what programs are running. Also post what version of
Windows you're running, whether there's a router, cable, dsl, firewall,
etc.

An NIS update can be the cause. ( NAV can be blocking jscript too.)

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#Step12

If you have an ad blocker, popup-stopper or web accelerator running,
they can write the ads links to the HOSTS or LMHOSTS file. Edit these
files and delete the lines, or just delete the files mentioned above to
the Recycle Bin. The files with extensions .sam are sample files
explaining how to block sites; you shouldn't delete or edit them. With
AdSubtract and possibly some others, you can open the program and accept
the ads needed for the Zone.

Here are other possible solutions:

1) Editing the URL in the browser address line to read HTTPS:// instead
of HTTP:// and pressing enter to reload the page will avoid loading the
ad content on the right side of the page and allow heartbeatctl to
initialize and load zone friends. The room links will load normally
afterwards.

2) Kick starting zone friends by opening the profiles page and sending
yourself a zone message will force zonefriends to reload initializing
heartbeatctl in the process. With heartbeat running the players can
usually access the game rooms after IE indicating the page content is
loaded even though the flash ads on the right side of the page have not
started.

3) Completely uninstall Norton, and after you get in the Zone, reinstall
Norton.

--

+Elmo_Tech
MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

clvck

I am using WIndows ME and Norton 2002 as firewall.

clvck

bsclsb@hotmail.com wrote:

> I am using WIndows ME and Norton 2002 as firewall.

Try this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=241344