Blue creature

I'm wondering whether it's the intensity of the sunlight or component, such
as UV which might light it up but contribute to it's decay at the same time.
If one really could chemically treat faded holos and bring the image back,
one could have quite a business.

GRY

"martin" <martin.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I know that this has been covered to some extent before, but here is my
> current research on the Creature hologram problem. Including what was,
> to me, a surprising image!
>
> http://iobium.com/creature_hologram.htm
>
> Now, back to ramps...

martin

Yes, I am not too hopeful but it is worth a crack.

I don't think that the holos are UV sensitive. They are essentially
clear, there is no pigment for UV to break down. I suspect that the
villain is heat.

The sun is a nice source of parallel rays. The Creature projector is a
pathetic source of parallel rays. A little lens work will go a long way
- but I have a top side to assemble first!

I wish you luck...

I have a blue holo that could use help.

As a correction, I believe that the original model of the creature IS
in the hands of individuals who claimed to be making new holograms.
One of the threads here (About 6 months agao) even had a link that
showed the model.

I would suspect that Wayne and/or Gene may have something to do with
further delaying this MUCH NEEDED repro.

>I would suspect that Wayne and/or Gene may have something to do with
>further delaying this MUCH NEEDED repro.

Ot they are laying low to prevent headaches. I would try to prevent
drawing attention to this project.

Kirb

martin

I'll have to look for that thread. If the model's been found things are
a bit better, though, there are still the licensing and "compatibility"
issues to beat.

>I am sure that if someone really did have the ability to repro the
>hologram all they would have to do is sling *someone* a few dollars per
>hologram sold in licensing fees and everyone would be happy. Where it all
>falls flat is when everybody wants 100% of the pie. If that someone needs
>to lay low they are going about it the wrong way.

Do you think all wayne wants is a little $$ per unit? I don't. Most
parts guys I know really don't care about getting 100% of the pie. I
would be happy as hell to sell a bunch of units to the rights holders
for 80% of market if I could avoid trying to go the retail and ebay
route. Me thinks that there are other issues than just slinging a few
$$ around.

Kirb

sb

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:19:14 +1000, kirb <kirbseepe@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I would suspect that Wayne and/or Gene may have something to do with
>> further delaying this MUCH NEEDED repro.
>
> Ot they are laying low to prevent headaches. I would try to prevent
> drawing attention to this project.

I am sure that if someone really did have the ability to repro the
hologram all they would have to do is sling *someone* a few dollars per
hologram sold in licensing fees and everyone would be happy. Where it all
falls flat is when everybody wants 100% of the pie. If that someone needs
to lay low they are going about it the wrong way.

But most importantly I hope he/she records my email as I'll gladly buy
*any* version including a black market version :D