lots of rants here

roomy

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
i havent been here for a while, [i really enjoyed the intel/amd battles before] and it seems lots of people are not passing around the love for THG. well, the forum is still as cool as ever, the picture album is nice nice nice.
we should have a rant thread for all the stuff here.

SoDNighthawk

Splendid
Nov 6, 2003
You would think that after WWII and the English having to eat nothing but Spam spam spam during most of WWII, and before the home P.C was even invented that they would out law the manufacturing of such things.

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
A7N8X Deluxe
Liquid
2x512 KinstonHyperX PC3200
GeForce FX5900
Maxtor DiamondMaxPlus9@80Gig
SONY CD 52x
SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
SONY DVD 16x/40x

taitertot

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2003
Thats a very good point.

-taitertot

If this post has attitude, seems to be overly aggressive, rude, distasteful to 99% of the users here, and shows a zealous defense of Intel... It’s probably Spud.

itsallbs

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003
Doesn't it ever occur to you that increasing number of new users are people who feel that strongly about toms hwg's approach to reviews?

Putting up unfair comparisons on a site that a lot of "n00bs" use which is supposed to be independant brings out a lot of experience hardware enthusiasts that know their stuff to put their questions and views agaisnt the obvious bias in the current line of reviews.

I have not come here to spam, i have come here to question the integrity of this review and site in general.

itsallbs

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003
Quote from Tom: "We want this forum to become the ultimate place for PC hardware knowledge, sensible discussions and new ideas for tests, reviews and design changes. The more input you give us, the more you and Tom's Hardware Guide will benefit."

Take note to "new ideas for tests, reviews and design changes."

I came here to point out things in the reviews on the site, changes and new ideas thank you very much this cannot be considered as spamming. People who post "this is spam", "why do people keep posting threads like this", "stfu n00b" and, "stfu if you dont like the reviews dont read them" etc etc etc. Thats the people you need to look at. OK?

I would like to see fair comparisions where test setups are concerened. Reasoning behind using components which are not certified for comaptibility in one system and others which are in another.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I think a 'Why I hate toms' or 'Suggested changes' forum on THGC would be good. That way I won't have to wade through all the stupid posts that keep appearing on here. It's unfair if someone's request for help gets very quickly kicked off the first page by these idiots, as they then don't get noticed by everyone who might have suggestions.

This is why I called ITSALLBS selfish in his thread, and I can't see why he claimed he wasn't.

People automatically assume that all the posters here Love THG itself, but that's not strictly true. I only really come here for the forum.

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink:

Kanavit

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2004
Doesn't it ever occur to you that increasing number of new users are people who feel that strongly about toms hwg's approach to reviews?

Putting up unfair comparisons on a site that a lot of "n00bs" use which is supposed to be independant brings out a lot of experience hardware enthusiasts that know their stuff to put their questions and views agaisnt the obvious bias in the current line of reviews.

I have not come here to spam, i have come here to question the integrity of this review and site in general.
FUTUREMARK ZEALOT SPOTTED!!!

itsallbs

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2003
Thanks Kan, ricjax99 here :cool:

Look if i had the misguided preconception that you all had the same view as tom don't you think i'd come on here and say "YOUR ALL idiot n00bs you dont know anything blah blah blah"

Well infact i would'nt because that would be quite silly. The only people who i get funny with are those who reply in a crippled way when i make an attempt to point out that tom has a intel love and did an unfair comparision. I never spoke about the community i simply focus on toms integrity as a review.

Kinda ironic how you view tom as bias being a regualr user lol.

Not used to the titles are you a mod on here?

Oh and please understand when i said a lot of n00bs use THG i wasnt implying that all the forum users are n00bs i meant the review site is a first stop for people new to this stuff thats all.

Chip death, your lack of intelligence astounds me. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ITSALLBS on 01/08/04 12:34 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I realized I had like 50-60 posts in response to those complaints...so I'm stopping that [-peep-] and sticking to the way the more senior members have been.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.