MY computer does not start

September 7, 2005 5:06:03 PM

Hello, my other computer does not start. When I press the start button the XP
logo displays but then it come a massage:
NTLDR saknas*
then I can only restart my coputer, then the same massage dispays again.

*skanas means that NTLDR is missed. Lost.
--
Please help me i wan my computer to WORK!

More about : computer start

September 7, 2005 5:13:02 PM

1st look to make sure that there is no floppy in the floppy disk drive if
there isnt it means that the NTLDR ( NT Loader ) files is missing or corrupt
and usally that requieres a reload or a boot disk so you can copy the ntldr
back onto your system

"BJelleBoy" wrote:

> Hello, my other computer does not start. When I press the start button the XP
> logo displays but then it come a massage:
> NTLDR saknas*
> then I can only restart my coputer, then the same massage dispays again.
>
> *skanas means that NTLDR is missed. Lost.
> --
> Please help me i wan my computer to WORK!
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:53:18 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314057

Peter

"BJelleBoy" <BJelleBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80E13A69-1C98-42E8-8476-94B7F9CDCB2C@microsoft.com...
> Hello, my other computer does not start. When I press the start button the XP
> logo displays but then it come a massage:
> NTLDR saknas*
> then I can only restart my coputer, then the same massage dispays again.
>
> *skanas means that NTLDR is missed. Lost.
> --
> Please help me i wan my computer to WORK!
September 8, 2005 12:12:02 AM

In article <80E13A69-1C98-42E8-8476-94B7F9CDCB2C@microsoft.com>,
BJelleBoy@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> NTLDR saknas

I've not personally tried this, but it sounds very reasonable:

Windows XP users

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair
Windows.
4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and
pressing enter.
5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter
that password.
6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard
disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM
drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

7. Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the
CD from the computer and reboot.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

In article <9CDA6851-4B58-4DAD-8AC4-FFB55BC894D4@microsoft.com>,
Dilligaf@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> 1st look to make sure that there is no floppy in the floppy disk drive if
> there isnt it means that the NTLDR ( NT Loader ) files is missing or corrupt
> and usally that requieres a reload or a boot disk so you can copy the ntldr
> back onto your system

Good catch - I should have suggested that before I posted how to copy
ntldr back.

--

!