Sign in with
Your question

CPU Temp

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
January 7, 2004 5:42:44 PM

I have an athlonxp 2500+ and it used to run at about 38C. Now even though i havent overclocked or anything it runs at about 41C. Both these temps are when the comp is idle, and it is colder in the house now then it was 5 months ago. Even under strain it only gets up to a max of 45C, so im not really worried about it overheating. I was just wondering it it could be a sign of something going wrong, or is it normal for a cpu to get hotter over time, its about 5 months old right now. It seems like both the fan and the heatsink on the cpu are still properly seated and working, are there any other things that might be causing the heat up? thanks for any help.

More about : cpu temp

a c 159 à CPUs
January 7, 2004 8:42:18 PM

If your system is stable and hasn't exhibited any new problems, I would leave it alone, unless you want to add an extra case fan. Whether using a thermal pad or paste, it can harden over time which affects temps a little. Nothing to worry about. My duron temps range from 47-55 celcius, depending on room temperature and load. My p4 is 38-51, so you're doing fine.
January 8, 2004 2:26:35 AM

Dust is usually a cuase in a heat issue like that. If you start experiencing choppyness in games and you use a new age video card most likely it's overheating.
Dust will get into the video cards fan and slow it down a lot. Same goes with the entire system.. it's good to try and keep it dusted everyonce and awhile.

Just something small that's overlooked.
Dry air.. some type of brush helps.

p4 2.8 533fsb
intel mobo
1gb rdram pc 800
radeon9800 pro
120gb seagate s-ata
!