Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire 4520 power problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 23, 2010 11:27:54 PM

Hi I have one Acer Aspire 4520 notebook. I got a problem lately and hope some one can help me solve it or let me know where I should start.

When my notebook is off and power cable is connected and pluged in, I can see the battery is charged and the light of battery is on. However when I turn on the notebook, the battery light goes off and the notebook runs from battery power, not the power cable. When I pull off the battery and turn on the notebook on power cable, it doesn't turn on. I asked my computer friends and they don't know what to do about it. Can any one help me?
a b D Laptop
April 26, 2010 3:23:34 AM

It's most likely something to do with the AC adapter or the internal power jack. If it is the AC adapter, you can try and get another one for cheap to see if that fixes the issue. If it is the jack itself, you may need a new one.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2010 6:48:36 PM

chnieh said:
Hi I have one Acer Aspire 4520 notebook. I got a problem lately and hope some one can help me solve it or let me know where I should start.

When my notebook is off and power cable is connected and pluged in, I can see the battery is charged and the light of battery is on. However when I turn on the notebook, the battery light goes off and the notebook runs from battery power, not the power cable. When I pull off the battery and turn on the notebook on power cable, it doesn't turn on. I asked my computer friends and they don't know what to do about it. Can any one help me?

Mine is doing the same thing only my battery light will not even come on. I tried to power it up and the light only flashes. But the laptop does not come on....
March 19, 2012 10:11:39 PM

Quote:
Mine is doing the same thing only my battery light will not even come on. I tried to power it up and the light only flashes. But the laptop does not come on....

...I have the same problem exactly...tried reseating and everything.
!