Why do I have background noise in my mic ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Hey guys, im not sure if this is in the right category but it is audio so I think im in the right place. Anyway i have the blue yeti microphone and I have plugged it in my brothers pc and it records nice and clear even when you turn the sound up there really isint any shhhhh in the background. But when i plug it into my pc , oh by the way the mic connects via usb I get a background noise of shhhhh when i turn my speakers up you hear it. Its not static but just background noise. Im guessing in could be my pc fans but they are pretty quiet and i dont know how its picking them up if it is. I payed 100 bucks for the mic and would like to figure this out. Do you guys have any ideas as to why this might be? Or maybe it could be my speakers hm.

the shhhh comes from the motherboard and the speakers. There is no single source of noise, it's several sources combined.
just cause you turn it up and get noise does not mean something is really wrong.
The fans don't cause that.
Unfortunately, the PC is not really an ideal low noise audio source. The audio in the PC is essentially "cheap."
There are better boards with lower noise, and they cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.