• Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
November 20, 2012 12:16:49 PM

Hello,

how do I retrieve my admin account?

More about : administartive account deleted windows

a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2012 12:39:33 PM

You can create an administrative account, but it will require the old administrator's password to allow you to do so. The customization of the old account will be lost, however.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2012 12:43:52 PM

Did you delete the "Administrator" account? Windows 7 disables the Administrator account as soon as another account is given Administrative rights. So you should have at least two accounts with Administrative rights. Just create a new account and name it "Administrator". You'll have to re-install Windows if you logged off and no longer have Administrative rights.
m
l
Related resources
November 20, 2012 1:46:12 PM

How did you delete a built in account?
m
l
a b 8 Security
a c 277 $ Windows 7
November 20, 2012 1:52:18 PM

You can't delete the built-in administrator account. Please explain in detail what you did.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2012 1:57:37 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
You can't delete the built-in administrator account. Please explain in detail what you did.

I assumed he created an administrative account and then deleted it. He did not mention anything about the built-in admin (the one created when installing the OS) and that one can not be deleted, even by accident.
There is a possibility that he is trying to pull our leg on this one, and get a workaround the original admin account login. That would be a no-no on this forum.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a c 277 $ Windows 7
November 20, 2012 3:05:54 PM

house70 said:
I assumed he created an administrative account and then deleted it. He did not mention anything about the built-in admin (the one created when installing the OS) and that one can not be deleted, even by accident.
There is a possibility that he is trying to pull our leg on this one, and get a workaround the original admin account login. That would be a no-no on this forum.

My assumption as well, thus the request for detail (not that I expect the OP to ever return)
m
l