Palm M105 > Sony Clie data migration

November 26, 2004 12:01:36 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've read the threads on upgrading in this NG and it seems that switching
from a Palm M-series machine to a Tungsten simply involves throwing the old
machine away, then setting the new one up by syncing it - and away you go!

Will changing from an M105 to a Sony Clie be that quick and easy? I'd
appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this before I go out and spend
the cash then discover I can't migrate my data, especially my Date Book
which is fairly large and a critical resource for me. I've Googled the
topic but not really learned anything useful.

Any comments will be appreciated, or pointers to where this info can be
found.

Thanks in advance,
Rudy.
November 27, 2004 9:21:45 AM

>Will changing from an M105 to a Sony Clie be that quick and easy? I'd
>appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this before I go out and spend
>the cash then discover I can't migrate my data, especially my Date Book
>which is fairly large and a critical resource for me. I've Googled the
>topic but not really learned anything useful.

Wouldn't it just be a case of setting up the new device to import all
the same data from your desktop (desktop overwrites handheld) and then
simply synchronising from that point on? Anything stored on CF cards
or what have you could be transferred to Sony Memory Sticks via a
cheap (£10-ish) USB card reader.
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 9:59:02 PM

"wintermute" <wintermute@SPAMTRAPstraylight.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> >Will changing from an M105 to a Sony Clie be that quick and easy? I'd
> >appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this before I go out and
spend
> >the cash then discover I can't migrate my data, especially my Date Book
> >which is fairly large and a critical resource for me.
> >
> Wouldn't it just be a case of setting up the new device to import all
> the same data from your desktop (desktop overwrites handheld) and then
> simply synchronising from that point on?

I've tried this and the datebook seems to sync but when I look at it there's
loads of entries missing.

Has anyone out there migrated the Date Book from Palm to Clie? Or maybe
there's a tool for "converting" - if converting is necessary?

TIA,
R.
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 2:29:44 AM

"Rudy Lacchin" <rulaREMOVETHIS@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> I've tried this and the datebook seems to sync but when I look
> at it there's loads of entries missing.

Woops, PICNIC: "Problem In Chair, Not In Computer"!

My mistake - thread closed!

R.
!