Problems with sound (Xbox 360 + Computer Monitor)

erswitch1

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Hi, I have a Xbox 360 Elite (not slim) and a Samsung SyncMaster P2350. The Monitor unfortunately uses DVI and only has 3 inputs on the back - RGB in, DVI in and power (picture included below). I want to use my xbox with the monitor because of its significantly improved picture quality compared to my enormously old TV. I have an HDMI cable, a HDMI to DVI converter and all of the xbox components, I also have the Bose Companion 3 Speakers and Logitech Z-2300 Speakers, as well as a MacBook Pro (with 2 USB ports). I can hook up the video fine and it functions perfectly well except for one major problem, I cannot get sound. I picked up a digital optical audio cable but it seems the cable for the xbox with the optical cable output blocks the HDMI slot in the xbox. The monitor has no speakers and I can't find a way to hook up sound. If any one knows what processes or converter doodads I need throw together to make this possible it would be very helpful, thanks in advance!

BackofMonitor1.jpg

On the left is the DVI in, and on the right is the RGB in

A problem I have come across is that in the inputs area, after about 2 and 1/2 inches, the casing begins to slope outwards and after 3 and 1/4 inches it is blocked off, I have had trouble trying to get a small enough DVI to HDMI converter that can fit in the space.

BackofMontior2.jpg

Shaylla

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011

I have also run into this issue... I too got he HDMI-DVI converter cable to plug into the back of the monitor. My pc is also plugged into the monitor as well. When I have the monitor on Analog for the pc all works fine..sound/picture perfect! When I switch over to the Digital screen to play the xbox 360, I have picture but no sound! I have tried several different things and still no sound! Anyone at all that could with this matter?!