I have a second hard drive installed on my compter. Lets call this F:

My main hard drive, were I am running WXP SP2, Home Ed., and were my program
files are kept. Lets Call this drive C:

IP3, 733mhz, 384 mb, HOMEMADE. works well, very happy $5.99 OBO.

Sorry, Thought I was at work.

I am filling up C: and have tons of room on F:. Can I put program files on
F:, easily that my computer will recognize and be able to use effectivley and
effciently? With out jack-ups? Yes I understand that this an imperfect
world, but If I could do what I wish within this situation, I will be closer
to perect!

Just a joke...
--
JA

Thiers no problem doing that,actually thats the reason for 2nd,3rd,4th drives.
However,you'll need to install the program on that drive,also,its not very
good
practice to install programs that are in continuos use,also,if installing
programs,
the other drive needs to be as fast as C:

"JoshAbell" wrote:

> I have a second hard drive installed on my compter. Lets call this F:
>
> My main hard drive, were I am running WXP SP2, Home Ed., and were my program
> files are kept. Lets Call this drive C:
>
> IP3, 733mhz, 384 mb, HOMEMADE. works well, very happy $5.99 OBO.
>
> Sorry, Thought I was at work.
>
> I am filling up C: and have tons of room on F:. Can I put program files on
> F:, easily that my computer will recognize and be able to use effectivley and
> effciently? With out jack-ups? Yes I understand that this an imperfect
> world, but If I could do what I wish within this situation, I will be closer
> to perect!
>
> Just a joke...
> --
> JA

Not sure you will get this: I havn't use a second hard drive in the computer
I am using now, but I am having application problems have not decided if it
would be easier to just get a new hard drive and start or re-format.

Anyway, on my first 2 hard drive setup there wasn't a recycle bin so if a
file was deleted it was gone.

Question is that typical of the second hard drive or can a recycle bin be
setup on 2 (slave) hard drive?

Thanks,
Kevin,

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Thiers no problem doing that,actually thats the reason for 2nd,3rd,4th drives.
> However,you'll need to install the program on that drive,also,its not very
> good
> practice to install programs that are in continuos use,also,if installing
> programs,
> the other drive needs to be as fast as C:
>
> "JoshAbell" wrote:
>
> > I have a second hard drive installed on my compter. Lets call this F:
> >
> > My main hard drive, were I am running WXP SP2, Home Ed., and were my program
> > files are kept. Lets Call this drive C:
> >
> > IP3, 733mhz, 384 mb, HOMEMADE. works well, very happy $5.99 OBO.
> >
> > Sorry, Thought I was at work.
> >
> > I am filling up C: and have tons of room on F:. Can I put program files on
> > F:, easily that my computer will recognize and be able to use effectivley and
> > effciently? With out jack-ups? Yes I understand that this an imperfect
> > world, but If I could do what I wish within this situation, I will be closer
> > to perect!
> >
> > Just a joke...
> > --
> > JA

dl

When installing apps, use custom install and select your 2nd hd.
Be aware that some app installs when selecting another hd default to eg just
F: as apposed to F:\Program Files\App name. You have to edit the path name.

"JoshAbell" <JoshAbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a second hard drive installed on my compter. Lets call this F:
>
> My main hard drive, were I am running WXP SP2, Home Ed., and were my
program
> files are kept. Lets Call this drive C:
>
> IP3, 733mhz, 384 mb, HOMEMADE. works well, very happy $5.99 OBO.
>
> Sorry, Thought I was at work.
>
> I am filling up C: and have tons of room on F:. Can I put program files
on
> F:, easily that my computer will recognize and be able to use effectivley
and
> effciently? With out jack-ups? Yes I understand that this an imperfect
> world, but If I could do what I wish within this situation, I will be
closer
> to perect!
>
> Just a joke...
> --
> JA

Right click on the Recycle Bin icon, Properties, ............
Each partition can have a Recycle Bin.
--
Ron Sommer

In news:2A997184-79FB-453F-94D5-AB7171A91AE7@microsoft.com,
JoshAbell <JoshAbell@discussions.microsoft.com> replied with a ;-)
> I have a second hard drive installed on my compter. Lets call this F:
>
> My main hard drive, were I am running WXP SP2, Home Ed., and were my
> program files are kept. Lets Call this drive C:
>
> IP3, 733mhz, 384 mb, HOMEMADE. works well, very happy $5.99 OBO.
>
> Sorry, Thought I was at work.
>
> I am filling up C: and have tons of room on F:. Can I put program
> files on F:, easily that my computer will recognize and be able to
> use effectivley and effciently? With out jack-ups? Yes I understand
> that this an imperfect world, but If I could do what I wish within
> this situation, I will be closer to perect!
>
> Just a jok e...

Yes you can install programs to the other hard drive. During the install
take the option to change location and point the install to the second hard
drive. Be aware, that your C drive will still have files placed on it and
will continue to fill up.
I have successfully used Application Mover [see link below] to relocate
installed programs to other locations.

http://majorgeeks.com/download526.html
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

So maybe creating a program files folder in my F; drive to assist that
process.?

--
JA