Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

September 8, 2005 1:44:09 PM

How can we stop the "Open file - Security Warning" dialog box from poping up
each time we run some DOS based applications under WinXP SP2?

Thanks guys!
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 8, 2005 1:44:10 PM

Some workarounds:

a) In XP Professional, open Start, Run, type (without quotes) 'gpedit.msc', click OK and go to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Attachment Manager and see these two policies: 'Default risk level for file attachments' and 'Inclusion list for low file types'.

b) You can also right-click the desired file, click Properties and select Unblock (if present).

--
Greetings,
Daniel Martín

"WS" <me@myplace.com> wrote in message news:o iojIV$sFHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> How can we stop the "Open file - Security Warning" dialog box from poping up
> each time we run some DOS based applications under WinXP SP2?
>
> Thanks guys!

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
November 21, 2009 9:01:43 PM

thank ypu a lot, 2 hours i was searching for this solution wich works perfectly :bounce:
!