Event ID: 32003
Date: 9/7/2005
Time: 7:46:04 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BERYL
The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of
the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration,
insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code.

Data:
0000: 1f 00 00 00 ....
5 answers Last reply
More about error

    ID: 32003
    Source: ipnathlp
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=ipnathlp&EvtID=32003&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

    Network Address Translation Mapping Is Not Successful and an Event ID 32003
    Is Logged
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293497

    You could've found these yourself.

    Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the second
    arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
    Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Also click on:

    Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related Knowledge
    Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OkUWvf$sFHA.256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    MedRxman <medrxman@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > When I viewed the event viewer I see that the following error is there
    > once every day. I am using WinXPPro on aq lap top. I never turn off the
    > laptop, only close the lid and the pc goes into standby mode. Could that
    > be the reason for the error ? Is the error significant?
    > Do not have any problems that I am aware of.
    >

    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: ipnathlp
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 32003
    > Date: 9/7/2005
    > Time: 7:46:04 AM
    > User: N/A
    > Computer: BERYL
    > The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation of
    > the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration,
    > insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code.

    > Data:
    > 0000: 1f 00 00 00 ....

    I did find the first link by clicking on the link in the event viewer.
    I followed the second link but do not no where to change:
    Start address: 1.1.1.1
    Mask: 255.255.255.255
    End address: 1.1.1.1
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, change the mask of the address pool to the subnet
    mask that the external network uses.

    WHERE DO I DO THIS? My laptop is on a wireless setup and I never had to set
    it up.

    > ID: 32003
    > Source: ipnathlp
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=ipnathlp&EvtID=32003&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2
    >
    > Network Address Translation Mapping Is Not Successful and an Event ID
    > 32003
    > Is Logged
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293497
    >
    > You could've found these yourself.
    >
    > Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the
    > second
    > arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
    > Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Also click on:
    >
    > Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related
    > Knowledge
    > Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:OkUWvf$sFHA.256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    > MedRxman <medrxman@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> When I viewed the event viewer I see that the following error is there
    >> once every day. I am using WinXPPro on aq lap top. I never turn off the
    >> laptop, only close the lid and the pc goes into standby mode. Could that
    >> be the reason for the error ? Is the error significant?
    >> Do not have any problems that I am aware of.
    >>

    >> Event Type: Error
    >> Event Source: ipnathlp
    >> Event Category: None
    >> Event ID: 32003
    >> Date: 9/7/2005
    >> Time: 7:46:04 AM
    >> User: N/A
    >> Computer: BERYL
    >> The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to request an operation
    >> of
    >> the kernel-mode translation module. This may indicate misconfiguration,
    >> insufficient resources, or an internal error. The data is the error code.

    >> Data:
    >> 0000: 1f 00 00 00 ....

    ok, i finally found where to set it up, however gthe Internet protocol is to
    let the address automatically and I would not know what numbers to use
    manually as Comcast says to let it do it automatically.
    "MedRxman" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "MedRxman" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I did find the first link by clicking on the link in the event viewer.
    >> I followed the second link but do not no where to change:
    >> Start address: 1.1.1.1
    >> Mask: 255.255.255.255
    >> End address: 1.1.1.1
    >> RESOLUTION
    >> To resolve this problem, change the mask of the address pool to the
    >> subnet
    >> mask that the external network uses.
    >>
    >> WHERE DO I DO THIS? My laptop is on a wireless setup and I never had to
    >> set
    >> it up.

    >>> ID: 32003
    >>> Source: ipnathlp
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=ipnathlp&EvtID=32003&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2
    >>>
    >>> Network Address Translation Mapping Is Not Successful and an Event ID
    >>> 32003
    >>> Is Logged
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;293497
    >>>
    >>> You could've found these yourself.
    >>>
    >>> Double click the event in Event Viewer | Click: the button below the
    >>> second
    >>> arrow (looks like two pages) [[Copies the details of the event to the
    >>> Clipboard.]] | Paste into Notepad | Also click on:
    >>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    >>>
    >>> Read all info | Copy and paste to Notepad | Click the [+] Related
    >>> Knowledge
    >>> Base articles | Follow any links that might be useful
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>>
    >>> Wes
    >>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>>
    >>> In news:OkUWvf$sFHA.256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    >>> MedRxman <medrxman@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:

    I never turn off the laptop, only close the lid and the pc goes into standby
    mode. Could that be the reason for the error ?

    Yes it could.

    [[The computer was in standby or hibernation mode, and when the computer
    started again, the DHCP-assigned IP address was no longer available.]]
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=ipnathlp&EvtID=32003&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

    User Action
    Do one or more of the following:
    [[For more information about common NAT configuration issues, see article
    293497 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (see the following Related Knowledge
    Base Articles section).-----> If this article does not apply to your
    situation, review the System event logs for other events that were logged
    around the same time as this event. In many cases, the same low resource
    errors or system errors that affect the NAT driver also affect other parts
    of the system. <-------]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OfWyUABtFHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
    MedRxman <medrxman@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > ok, i finally found where to set it up, however gthe Internet protocol is
    > to let the address automatically and I would not know what numbers to use
    > manually as Comcast says to let it do it automatically.
    > "MedRxman" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "MedRxman" <medrxman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> I did find the first link by clicking on the link in the event viewer.
    >>> I followed the second link but do not no where to change:
    >>> ===========================================
    >>> Start address: 1.1.1.1
    >>> Mask: 255.255.255.255
    >>> End address: 1.1.1.1
    >>> RESOLUTION
    >>> To resolve this problem, change the mask of the address pool to the
    >>> subnet
    >>> mask that the external network uses.
    >>>
    >>> WHERE DO I DO THIS? My laptop is on a wireless setup and I never had to
    >>> set
    >>> it up.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=ipnathlp&EvtID=32003&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

    Well, I went to control panel and ran the wireless network setup (which I
    never did before), a network was established with my router and viola no
    more error today.

Event Viewer Windows XP