change the product key after activation ?

i got 50 PC with same Hardware.......
that means i can't install WINXP (sp2) one by one...
so i use N.Ghost to clone then......(windows activated)

how do i change the key in this case ??
i can't disactivate the key in SP2...

i tried this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810892
and this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328874

its can't help me.....
4 answers Last reply
More about change product activation

    You use your OEM preinstalltion kit to sysprep one machine, ghost it, THEN
    install it to each workstation.

    Matt Gibson - GSEC

    "TBSN" <TBSN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i got 50 PC with same Hardware.......
    > that means i can't install WINXP (sp2) one by one...
    > so i use N.Ghost to clone then......(windows activated)
    >
    > how do i change the key in this case ??
    > i can't disactivate the key in SP2...
    >
    > i tried this
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810892
    > and this
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328874
    >
    > its can't help me.....

    that means i should ghost from a "unactivate" Windows ?

    any ways to "disactivate" winXp SP2 ???

    Log in as the local Administrator
    Click Start > Run > and type in Regedit
    Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows
    NT\CurrentVersion\wpaevents
    In the right pane, right-click OOBETimer, and then click Modify. Change at
    least one digit of this value to deactivate Windows Click OK and close
    regedit
    Click Start > Run and type in: "%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a"
    Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate
    Windows, and then click Next
    Click Change Product Key (at the bottom)
    Enter your valid Corporate Product Key
    Press Update and close the window.

    In article <F9B4681D-74CE-4142-8E02-02ACF1D8CCAC@microsoft.com>,
    TBSN@discussions.microsoft.com says...

    > that means i should ghost from a "unactivate" Windows ?
    >
    > any ways to "disactivate" winXp SP2 ???

    Sort of - you actually install everything, drivers, etc... Then you run
    the SYSPREP command (google for it), which will make the machine clean
    of activation - then save the ghost image to restore on all the other
    machines.

    When you boot the other machines it will be just like you've purchased
    it from Dell only with all of your applications installed and asking for
    your activation keys.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me