question about Dell DJ

I have just started researching yesterday about what type of MP3 player to
get. I've noticed that Dell and IPOD seem to be the most popular brands. I
have a couple of questions? Do you organize the songs in folders? Thus, can
you add songs at your leisure? Any links or reviews of the Dell DJ would be
greatly appreciated. I do want a hard drive MP3 player as long as you can
erase songs as well.

Thanks,

Michael
5 answers Last reply
More about question dell

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 21:38:57 GMT, "lordmajax" <anon@anon.net> wrote:

    >I have just started researching yesterday about what type of MP3 player to
    >get. I've noticed that Dell and IPOD seem to be the most popular brands. I
    >have a couple of questions? Do you organize the songs in folders? Thus, can
    >you add songs at your leisure? Any links or reviews of the Dell DJ would be
    >greatly appreciated. I do want a hard drive MP3 player as long as you can
    >erase songs as well.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Michael

    Michael, I've had a Dell DJ for about 3 weeks now and enjoy it very much.
    At first I was somewhat disappoint that I couldn't move folders .... as they
    are on my HD.... onto the DJ. The .mp3's apparently go into one big pool
    but can be brought out in categories.... like genre, artists, albums. Then
    I learned to make Playlists. They can be prepared like folders and play
    individual Playlists as desired. I still have a lot to learn about it!
    I did find that the firmware that was included with the one shipped to
    me was a old version. It was easy to update and the new firmware was
    so different I had to print a new users manual. Here's the Dell Forum
    for the DJ:
    http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dce_djmusic&message.id=14683
    (this will probably put you right into the middle of the forum but you can
    move around to the beginning or end....date-wise!)

    Jack Mac

    Well, I really wanted a mp3 player that can be used as an fm radio.

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:51:20 GMT, "lordmajax" <anon@anon.net> wrote:

    >Well, I really wanted a mp3 player that can be used as an fm radio.

    Then the Dell DJ is NOT for you, however, Dell does sell an external
    FM adapter for it.

    Jack Mac

    are there any good sites to not only look at which mp3 players have which
    features but customer reviews of products? I haven't found any the include
    the dell dj. A external adapter would be fine.

    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dig_jbox/

    "lordmajax" <anon@anon.net> a écrit dans le message de
    > I have just started researching yesterday about what type of MP3 player to
    > get. I've noticed that Dell and IPOD seem to be the most popular brands. I
    > have a couple of questions? Do you organize the songs in folders? Thus,
    can
    > you add songs at your leisure? Any links or reviews of the Dell DJ would
    be
    > greatly appreciated. I do want a hard drive MP3 player as long as you can
    > erase songs as well.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Michael

Dell MP3 Hard Drives Computers