  • Hard Drives
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
May 25, 2004 1:38:57 AM

I have just started researching yesterday about what type of MP3 player to
get. I've noticed that Dell and IPOD seem to be the most popular brands. I
have a couple of questions? Do you organize the songs in folders? Thus, can
you add songs at your leisure? Any links or reviews of the Dell DJ would be
greatly appreciated. I do want a hard drive MP3 player as long as you can
erase songs as well.

Thanks,

Michael

More about : question dell

Anonymous
May 25, 2004 12:11:04 PM

On Mon, 24 May 2004 21:38:57 GMT, "lordmajax" <anon@anon.net> wrote:

>I have just started researching yesterday about what type of MP3 player to
>get. I've noticed that Dell and IPOD seem to be the most popular brands. I
>have a couple of questions? Do you organize the songs in folders? Thus, can
>you add songs at your leisure? Any links or reviews of the Dell DJ would be
>greatly appreciated. I do want a hard drive MP3 player as long as you can
>erase songs as well.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Michael

Michael, I've had a Dell DJ for about 3 weeks now and enjoy it very much.
At first I was somewhat disappoint that I couldn't move folders .... as they
are on my HD.... onto the DJ. The .mp3's apparently go into one big pool
but can be brought out in categories.... like genre, artists, albums. Then
I learned to make Playlists. They can be prepared like folders and play
individual Playlists as desired. I still have a lot to learn about it!
I did find that the firmware that was included with the one shipped to
me was a old version. It was easy to update and the new firmware was
so different I had to print a new users manual. Here's the Dell Forum
for the DJ:
http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message...
(this will probably put you right into the middle of the forum but you can
move around to the beginning or end....date-wise!)

Jack Mac
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 4:51:20 PM

Well, I really wanted a mp3 player that can be used as an fm radio.
May 26, 2004 12:14:06 PM

On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:51:20 GMT, "lordmajax" <anon@anon.net> wrote:

>Well, I really wanted a mp3 player that can be used as an fm radio.

Then the Dell DJ is NOT for you, however, Dell does sell an external
FM adapter for it.

Jack Mac
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 9:06:14 PM

are there any good sites to not only look at which mp3 players have which
features but customer reviews of products? I haven't found any the include
the dell dj. A external adapter would be fine.
Anonymous
May 27, 2004 1:06:12 AM

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dig_jbox/

news:o Xtsc.30113$J93.21293@fe10.usenetserver.com...