Palm programming on a Mac

November 26, 2004 11:19:50 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

I'm aware that, in the past, it's been tricky to develop for Palm if you
are unfortunate/stupid enough to own a Macintosh. I'd like to get into
writing some Palm apps but I'm not in the honourable position of owning
a Windows PC.

Where's the best place to start? I'm after both IDEs and tutorials....
and I guess I need some sort of emulator, right? So I don't screw
anything up in my Palm during testing? I don't expect to be developing
conduits for some time (if at all).

I have a decent grounding in C, C++, and Java on Windows and UNIX
systems, so all I should really need to learn are those techniques
particular to programming Palm OS5 applications.

Oh, and free or very cheap is definitely preferred, just in case it
turns out I'm rubbish. I've already installed (but not really used) the
Developer Tools for OSX 10.3 - other than that I have not installed any
other developer software.

Any help or pointers appreciated. I have googled (and furtled on
palmsource.com) but not very successfully.

-z-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing

More about : palm programming mac

Anonymous
November 26, 2004 11:45:14 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

In article <1gnvjdo.279dpbah8jz7N%me3@privacy.net>,
me3@privacy.net (zoara) wrote:

> I'm aware that, in the past, it's been tricky to develop for Palm if you
> are unfortunate/stupid enough to own a Macintosh. I'd like to get into
> writing some Palm apps but I'm not in the honourable position of owning
> a Windows PC.
snip
> Any help or pointers appreciated. I have googled (and furtled on
> palmsource.com) but not very successfully.

CodeWarrior for PalmOS v8 (of CWfPO, not of PO) ran on Macs c2002:
<http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/download/updates.asp?date_...
ar=95&month=01&day=1&did=find&vers=CWPP8&submit=Select+%3E%3E>

v9 is Windows only, and $399.

Maybe you could find a second hand copy? No idea if it works not at
all/under classic/under Panther, I'm afraid.

K.
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 12:31:58 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

> > I'm aware that, in the past, it's been tricky to develop for Palm if you
> > are unfortunate/stupid enough to own a Macintosh. I'd like to get into
> > writing some Palm apps but I'm not in the honourable position of owning
> > a Windows PC.
> snip
> > Any help or pointers appreciated. I have googled (and furtled on
> > palmsource.com) but not very successfully.
>
> CodeWarrior for PalmOS v8 (of CWfPO, not of PO) ran on Macs c2002:
> <http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/download/updates.asp?date_...
> ar=95&month=01&day=1&did=find&vers=CWPP8&submit=Select+%3E%3E>
>
> v9 is Windows only, and $399.
>
> Maybe you could find a second hand copy? No idea if it works not at
> all/under classic/under Panther, I'm afraid.

I've got CodeWarrior for Palm Computing Release 6 for sale if you are
interested in having a go. It was released back in August 1999 but I
can't seem to find the Mac system requirements for it at the moment.
Related resources
November 27, 2004 1:08:48 AM

zoara <me3@privacy.net> wrote:

> I'm aware that, in the past, it's been tricky to develop for Palm if you
> are unfortunate/stupid enough to own a Macintosh. I'd like to get into
> writing some Palm apps but I'm not in the honourable position of owning
> a Windows PC.

I am, and it is still awkward to develop for the palm.

> Oh, and free or very cheap is definitely preferred, just in case it
> turns out I'm rubbish. I've already installed (but not really used) the
> Developer Tools for OSX 10.3 - other than that I have not installed any
> other developer software.
>
> Any help or pointers appreciated. I have googled (and furtled on
> palmsource.com) but not very successfully.

join the palm developers, fill out a form, wait, download the roms, buy
some expensive software or spend ages hacking gcc with greater or lesser
success and then you are there.

I wanted to do my pocketPC games for the palm, and some other stuff for
Sabs Clie, but it seems like they go out of their way to prevent people
doing it. No point me buying software to do it when all the games are
free.
If you want to develop stuff for the PocketPC, all of the stuff is a
free download from microsoft (there are more expensive options too if
you want). Some companies really never get it.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 2:01:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

In article <keithc-DCC59E.20451426112004@news-text.dial.pipex.com>,
Keith Clarke <keithc@dcs.qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
>In article <1gnvjdo.279dpbah8jz7N%me3@privacy.net>,
> me3@privacy.net (zoara) wrote:
>> I'm aware that, in the past, it's been tricky to develop for Palm if you
>> are unfortunate/stupid enough to own a Macintosh. I'd like to get into
>> writing some Palm apps but I'm not in the honourable position of owning
>> a Windows PC.
>snip
>> Any help or pointers appreciated. I have googled (and furtled on
>> palmsource.com) but not very successfully.
>
>CodeWarrior for PalmOS v8 (of CWfPO, not of PO) ran on Macs c2002:
><http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/download/updates.asp?date_...
>ar=95&month=01&day=1&did=find&vers=CWPP8&submit=Select+%3E%3E>
>Maybe you could find a second hand copy? No idea if it works not at
>all/under classic/under Panther, I'm afraid.

CodeWarrior for PalmOS v8 seems to run just fine under Mac OS X Panther.
A version of POSE (PalmOS Emulator) which runs under OS X can be
downloaded from the palmsource.com web site. There are also gcc cross
platform tools for both PalmOS 68k and ARM/pno-let code development which
run on Mac OS X. And CodeWarrior for PalmOS v9 runs under Virtual PC
on a Mac.

It used to be that the only way to develop apps for PalmPilots was
on a Mac. Now the situation is starting to look reversed.

The simulators for OS 5 and the Eclipse-based Palm OS Developer Suite
(PODS) require a Windows PC. But most Eclipse tools are portable; so
there have been hints that a PODS release for Mac OS X might happen at
some unspecified point in the future.

IMHO. YMMV.
--
Ron Nicholson rhn AT nicholson DOT com http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/
#include <canonical.disclaimer> // only my own opinions, etc.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

On 26/11/04 11:01 pm, in article co8cje$1s8$1@blue.rahul.net, "Ronald H.
Nicholson Jr." <rhn@mauve.rahul.net> wrote:

> In article <keithc-DCC59E.20451426112004@news-text.dial.pipex.com>,
> Keith Clarke <keithc@dcs.qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
>> In article <1gnvjdo.279dpbah8jz7N%me3@privacy.net>,
>> me3@privacy.net (zoara) wrote:
>>> I'm aware that, in the past, it's been tricky to develop for Palm if you
>>> are unfortunate/stupid enough to own a Macintosh. I'd like to get into
>>> writing some Palm apps but I'm not in the honourable position of owning
>>> a Windows PC.
>> snip
>>> Any help or pointers appreciated. I have googled (and furtled on
>>> palmsource.com) but not very successfully.
>>
>> CodeWarrior for PalmOS v8 (of CWfPO, not of PO) ran on Macs c2002:
>> <http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/download/updates.asp?date_...
>> ar=95&month=01&day=1&did=find&vers=CWPP8&submit=Select+%3E%3E>
>
>> Maybe you could find a second hand copy? No idea if it works not at
>> all/under classic/under Panther, I'm afraid.
>
> CodeWarrior for PalmOS v8 seems to run just fine under Mac OS X Panther.
> A version of POSE (PalmOS Emulator) which runs under OS X can be
> downloaded from the palmsource.com web site. There are also gcc cross
> platform tools for both PalmOS 68k and ARM/pno-let code development which
> run on Mac OS X. And CodeWarrior for PalmOS v9 runs under Virtual PC
> on a Mac.

I'd avoid Codewarrior if possible - it costs, Metrowerks don't seem terribly
committed to the Mac any more, Palm are moving away from it, and there are
free tools as Ronald says.

Ah, I've found the link I was looking for:

<http://www.zenonez.com/prctoolsx/&gt;

This guy has a nice packaged up version of the free tools for OS X, and some
walk-through documentation.

> The simulators for OS 5 and the Eclipse-based Palm OS Developer Suite
> (PODS) require a Windows PC. But most Eclipse tools are portable; so
> there have been hints that a PODS release for Mac OS X might happen at
> some unspecified point in the future.

I have mixed feelings about Eclipse. They've made a good stab in making a
Java app with a native GUI on lots of platforms, but unfortunately the whole
thing is quite slow to get going. Glacial is the word that comes to mind :-(

Cheers,

Chris
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 4:12:55 PM

In article <1gnvjdo.279dpbah8jz7N%me3@privacy.net>, zoara wrote:
> Oh, and free or very cheap is definitely preferred, just in case it
> turns out I'm rubbish. I've already installed (but not really used) the
> Developer Tools for OSX 10.3 - other than that I have not installed any
> other developer software.

http://www.zenonez.com/prctoolsx/

Port of the Unix palm dev tools to OSX. Free (in $ and in source code)
though the interface isn't terribly Mac-like. On the other hand, if
you're a programmer you should be able to cope. :->

--
Sincerely,

Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

"...while several federal agencies acknowledge that they
contribute names to the [secret blacklist of people not
allowed to fly on commercial flights], none of them, when
contacted by The Chronicle, could or would say which agency
is responsible for managing the list." - S.F. Chronicle
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 9:02:48 PM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, zoara wrote:
> Where's the best place to start? I'm after both IDEs and
> tutorials.... and I guess I need some sort of emulator, right? So
> I don't screw anything up in my Palm during testing? I don't
> expect to be developing conduits for some time (if at all).
>
> I have a decent grounding in C, C++, and Java on Windows and UNIX
> systems, so all I should really need to learn are those techniques
> particular to programming Palm OS5 applications.
>
> Oh, and free or very cheap is definitely preferred, just in case
> it turns out I'm rubbish. I've already installed (but not really
> used) the Developer Tools for OSX 10.3 - other than that I have
> not installed any other developer software.
>
> Any help or pointers appreciated. I have googled (and furtled on
> palmsource.com) but not very successfully.

Zoara,

Do yourself a favor, and ignore all those replies mentioning
CodeWarrior. My second choice is PRC-Tools. The link has already
been provided. Fink has the rest of what you need.

But the best Palm development environment is OnBoardC

http://onboardc.sf.net/

It rocks. I've developed large scale applications on it. You really
don't need an emulator if you are a) careful and b) backup your Palm
before you start. I've done thousands of builds on a dozen different
applications and had 1 hard reset total.

-k.
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 6:31:31 PM

Woody a écrit, le 26/11/2004 23:08 :

> join the palm developers, fill out a form,

You don't need to wait anymore...

> buy some expensive software

PODS is free. The prc-tools are free.

> If you want to develop stuff for the PocketPC, all of the stuff is a
> free download from microsoft

On a Mac?

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

In article <318na4F37k6euU1@individual.net>, Patrick.Vuichard@wanadoo.fr
says...
> Woody a écrit, le 26/11/2004 23:08 :
>
> > join the palm developers, fill out a form,
>
> You don't need to wait anymore...

Well, that is a bonus then. Didn't understand why you had to wait in the
first place.

> > buy some expensive software
>
> PODS is free. The prc-tools are free.

Where are they from?

> > If you want to develop stuff for the PocketPC, all of the stuff is a
> > free download from microsoft
>
> On a Mac?

nope.

--
Woody
Anonymous

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

On 2/12/04 2:57 pm, in article MPG.1c193da1fc204f8698968e@192.168.254.11,
"Woody" <usenet@alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <318na4F37k6euU1@individual.net>, Patrick.Vuichard@wanadoo.fr
> says...
>> Woody a écrit, le 26/11/2004 23:08 :
>>
>>> join the palm developers, fill out a form,
>>
>> You don't need to wait anymore...
>
> Well, that is a bonus then. Didn't understand why you had to wait in the
> first place.

The same reason you used to have to wait for Apple Developer agreements in
the past, i.e. no particularly good one. I suspect lawyers were involved ;-)

>>> buy some expensive software
>>
>> PODS is free. The prc-tools are free.
>
> Where are they from?

I don't know about PODS, but the prc-tools are easily found.
<http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net/&gt;

I gave a link to some nice (at least, they used to be) OS X packages of the
prc-tools earlier.

Cheers,

Chris
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 7:14:02 PM

Chris Ridd a écrit, le 02/12/2004 16:08 :

> The same reason you used to have to wait for Apple Developer agreements in
> the past, i.e. no particularly good one. I suspect lawyers were involved ;-)

Exactly... And you know what had to be done to finally give direct
access to non-US developers? Just add a second disclaimer to approve.

> I don't know about PODS

PODS (based on Eclipse) is made by Palmsource and can be downloaded from
here: <http://www.palmos.com/dev/dl/dl_tools/dl_pods/&gt;

Or <http://www.palmos.com/dev/tools/gcc/&gt;

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...
news:fr.bienvenue news:fr.bienvenue.questions
news:news.announce.newusers news:fr.usenet.reponses
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 7:14:03 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

On 2/12/04 3:14 pm, in article 318ppqF355up9U1@individual.net, "Patrick
Vuichard" <Patrick.Vuichard@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Chris Ridd a écrit, le 02/12/2004 16:08 :
>
>> The same reason you used to have to wait for Apple Developer agreements in
>> the past, i.e. no particularly good one. I suspect lawyers were involved ;-)
>
> Exactly... And you know what had to be done to finally give direct
> access to non-US developers? Just add a second disclaimer to approve.
>
>> I don't know about PODS
>
> PODS (based on Eclipse) is made by Palmsource and can be downloaded from
> here: <http://www.palmos.com/dev/dl/dl_tools/dl_pods/&gt;

Ah, that's what PODS is.

>> but the prc-tools are easily found.
>> <http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net/&gt;
>
> Or <http://www.palmos.com/dev/tools/gcc/&gt;

Palm certainly used not to like prc-tools much - the SDK had MW-specific
junk in, that sort of thing - so I'd tend to go direct to the sourceforge
project. Or is Palm being more sensible now?

Cheers,

Chris
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 7:15:42 PM

Patrick Vuichard a écrit, le 02/12/2004 16:14 :

> PODS (based on Eclipse) is made by Palmsource and can be downloaded from
> here: <http://www.palmos.com/dev/dl/dl_tools/dl_pods/&gt;

Note: you have to be a registered developer.

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...
news:fr.bienvenue news:fr.bienvenue.questions
news:news.announce.newusers news:fr.usenet.reponses
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 7:58:49 PM

Woody a écrit, le 02/12/2004 15:57 :

>>>If you want to develop stuff for the PocketPC, all of the stuff is a
>>>free download from microsoft
>>
>>On a Mac?
>
> nope.

So it's not so different...

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...
news:fr.bienvenue news:fr.bienvenue.questions
news:news.announce.newusers news:fr.usenet.reponses
December 2, 2004 7:58:50 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

In article <318sdpF38doauU1@individual.net>, Patrick.Vuichard@wanadoo.fr
says...

> >>On a Mac?
> >
> > nope.
>
> So it's not so different...

I wasn't commenting on whether it was available on a mac, just that (at
the time I looked at it), it wasn't easily available.
Now it is but I wonder how many potential palm developers have been put
off after looking once and finding that it was a hoop jumping exercise.

--
Woody
Anonymous

Chris Ridd a écrit, le 02/12/2004 17:10 :

>>>but the prc-tools are easily found.
>>><http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net/&gt;
>>
>>Or <http://www.palmos.com/dev/tools/gcc/&gt;
>
> Palm certainly used not to like prc-tools much - the SDK had MW-specific
> junk in, that sort of thing

That was a long time ago...

> - so I'd tend to go direct to the sourceforge
> project. Or is Palm being more sensible now?

Palmsource is definitively more sensible about it, and delivers a SDK
for prc-tools. The advantage of the palmos.com URL is that it gives
links to all necessary resources for prc-tools, including the
sourcefource URL.

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...
news:fr.bienvenue news:fr.bienvenue.questions
news:news.announce.newusers news:fr.usenet.reponses
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 9:51:16 PM

Woody a écrit, le 02/12/2004 17:24 :

> I wasn't commenting on whether it was available on a mac, just that (at
> the time I looked at it), it wasn't easily available.

When was that? If I remember correctly, all this hassle with the
registration disappeared 3.5 years ago, and then reappeared shortly 1.5
years ago.

> Now it is but I wonder how many potential palm developers have been put
> off after looking once and finding that it was a hoop jumping exercise.

I fully agree with you: the process needs to be quick and simple, and
the developers expects to be able to find at least one free, supported
and easy to install developement environment.

Imho, this point has been reached, now.

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...
news:fr.bienvenue news:fr.bienvenue.questions
news:news.announce.newusers news:fr.usenet.reponses
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 9:52:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Woody a écrit, le 02/12/2004 17:24 :

> I wasn't commenting on whether it was available on a mac, just that (at
> the time I looked at it), it wasn't easily available.

When was that?

> Now it is but I wonder how many potential palm developers have been put
> off after looking once and finding that it was a hoop jumping exercise.

I fully agree with you: the process needs to be quick and simple, and
the developers expect to be able to find at least one free, supported
and easy to install developement environment.

Imho, this point has been reached, now.

--

Internet, newsgroups, e-mail => Netiquette
http://usenet-fr.news.eu.org/fr.usenet.reponses/usenet/...
news:fr.bienvenue news:fr.bienvenue.questions
news:news.announce.newusers news:fr.usenet.reponses
December 2, 2004 9:52:12 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

In article <31932bF39b148U3@individual.net>, Patrick.Vuichard@wanadoo.fr
says...
> Woody a écrit, le 02/12/2004 17:24 :
>
> > I wasn't commenting on whether it was available on a mac, just that (at
> > the time I looked at it), it wasn't easily available.
>
> When was that?

When I wrote all my pocketPC games, a few years back.

> > Now it is but I wonder how many potential palm developers have been put
> > off after looking once and finding that it was a hoop jumping exercise.
>
> I fully agree with you: the process needs to be quick and simple, and
> the developers expect to be able to find at least one free, supported
> and easy to install developement environment.
>
> Imho, this point has been reached, now.

It has. I have downloaded stuff, I shall see if I can do my pocketPC
stuff for the Palm (which I wanted to do in the first place).

--
Woody
Anonymous

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Woody <usenet@alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

[Mac-based development tools for the Palm]

> I wasn't commenting on whether it was available on a mac, just that (at
> the time I looked at it), it wasn't easily available.
> Now it is but I wonder how many potential palm developers have been put
> off after looking once and finding that it was a hoop jumping exercise.

Yeah, that was me. It seems like things are definitely easier and,
thanks to this thread, I will be investigating. Thankyou to everyone for
their suggestions (and sorry it took me so long to say thankyou).

I haven't *yet* got around to downloading and installing anything, but I
will be shortly.

Thanks again.

-zoara-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing
an increase in sexual craving, a betterment in your volume and
execution, besides as increased energy and joy during sexual activeness.
December 15, 2004 10:20:32 PM

zoara <me3@privacy.net> wrote:

> Woody <usenet@alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [Mac-based development tools for the Palm]
>
> > I wasn't commenting on whether it was available on a mac, just that (at
> > the time I looked at it), it wasn't easily available.
> > Now it is but I wonder how many potential palm developers have been put
> > off after looking once and finding that it was a hoop jumping exercise.
>
> Yeah, that was me. It seems like things are definitely easier and,
> thanks to this thread, I will be investigating. Thankyou to everyone for
> their suggestions (and sorry it took me so long to say thankyou).
>
> I haven't *yet* got around to downloading and installing anything, but I
> will be shortly.

I got round to downloading, haven't got round to installing yet!

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 6:35:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Or run VirtualPC and emulate a PC emulating a Palm running the Palm
Emulator & PC-based Palm programming software....
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 3:03:16 AM

David Chien <chiendh@uci.edu> wrote:

>Or run VirtualPC and emulate a PC emulating a Palm running the Palm
>Emulator & PC-based Palm programming software....

Now that's a very clever suggestion. The emulator wouldn't require any
throttling on a Dual-G5 to get the performance you can expect on a
real Palm :)

Tim
--
This is not my signature.
December 18, 2004 3:03:17 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

In article <nis6s0lab4b5n7ajfpfbbk7s8tahcg1ajg@4ax.com>,
Tim Auton <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote:

> David Chien <chiendh@uci.edu> wrote:
>
> >Or run VirtualPC and emulate a PC emulating a Palm running the Palm
> >Emulator & PC-based Palm programming software....
>
> Now that's a very clever suggestion. The emulator wouldn't require any
> throttling on a Dual-G5 to get the performance you can expect on a
> real Palm :)
>

> Tim

I miss the good old days when macs shipped with PC processors. You
could have a mac and a PC in one computer. Much faster than using a
hard disk based emulator.
December 18, 2004 5:41:56 AM

John <johnw_94020@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In article <nis6s0lab4b5n7ajfpfbbk7s8tahcg1ajg@4ax.com>,
> Tim Auton <tim.auton@uton.groupSexWithoutTheY> wrote:
>
> > David Chien <chiendh@uci.edu> wrote:
> >
> > >Or run VirtualPC and emulate a PC emulating a Palm running the Palm
> > >Emulator & PC-based Palm programming software....
> >
> > Now that's a very clever suggestion. The emulator wouldn't require any
> > throttling on a Dual-G5 to get the performance you can expect on a
> > real Palm :)
> >

> > Tim
>

> I miss the good old days when macs shipped with PC processors. You
> could have a mac and a PC in one computer. Much faster than using a
> hard disk based emulator.

And much slower than having a mac and a PC. And more expensive.

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 9:57:57 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.mac (More info?)

Woody <usenet@alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> > I miss the good old days when macs shipped with PC processors. You
> > could have a mac and a PC in one computer. Much faster than using a
> > hard disk based emulator.
>
> And much slower than having a mac and a PC. And more expensive.

But at least it saved all those tooth polarisation problems. Woody, how
are your new Faraday filters coming on? Any luck, or do you still get
the grinding sensations when switching from Mac to PC and back?

-z-

--
My lozenge is a full earthy herbal lozenge incorporating a miscellanea
of weeds known for advancing sexual longing and performance, causing
an increase in sexual craving, a betterment in your volume and
execution, besides as increased energy and joy during sexual activeness.
December 18, 2004 11:18:08 PM

zoara <me3@privacy.net> wrote:

> Woody <usenet@alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > I miss the good old days when macs shipped with PC processors. You
> > > could have a mac and a PC in one computer. Much faster than using a
> > > hard disk based emulator.
> >
> > And much slower than having a mac and a PC. And more expensive.
>
> But at least it saved all those tooth polarisation problems. Woody, how
> are your new Faraday filters coming on? Any luck, or do you still get
> the grinding sensations when switching from Mac to PC and back?

Well, there are so many computers here, I have large polarisation fields
and my teeth don't have time to react.
And I have denplan in case of problems :)

--
Woody

www.alienrat.com
!