Alienware M11x

Status
Not open for further replies.

stebbiti

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
i was thinking of buying the Alienware M11x bud 1,3 ghz isint that a bit low to do anything unless it is over clocked ? and if i over clock doesn't that destroy the warranty?

i want to use this computer to be mobile, cool looking and I am going to use this for for gaming, school, internet browsing and maybe some little video/photo editing.

rdc363

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Actually, the M11x can be overclocked to 1.7Ghz without voiding the warranty, as it comes from the factory with the ability to do so. It is really a mickey-mouse overclock, though. More-or-less taking a true 1.7Ghz CPU and underclocking it so it can be sold as overclockable - all marketing from Dell.

If you get it, do the CPU upgrade option with 3MB cache, 4GB RAM Upgrade, w/ a 7200rpm hdd (unless you choose to pay another $350.00 for the SSD option). It is much better than the other optional CPU. It supports Intel's virtualization technology as well a few other features the 2MB cache CPU version doesn't. In addition to being a bit faster.

But yep, that machine is kinda weak for gaming. It is however, a slick little machine, as I almost got one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.