James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I use the company web site as my default web page. When I start IE the flag
in the upper right hand corner will not stop waving and there is a status bar
that will not complete. I thouhgt it might be active x controls because I
would get a Active X statement that would ask if I wanted to download active
x controls. The compnay computer person has tried to download active x
controls and has failed. I followed the advice of this message board and
enable all ative x controls in the tools menu/options/security but I am still
unable to load my web site. I use xp Professional and IE Version 6. Any
suggestions?

James

dilligaf

First of all which active x are you trying to reload. does your company use a
proxy server ( Ask IT people ) also look in tools \ internet options \ manage
add-ons and see if there are any active x componets that are disabled sort
them by publisher ( Click on the Publisher tab) and see if there are any that
can be updated it sounds like your company might use Macromedia flash on
there main page and it is not loading correctly on your browser. These are
some things you might want to look at.

"James" wrote:

> I use the company web site as my default web page. When I start IE the flag
> in the upper right hand corner will not stop waving and there is a status bar
> that will not complete. I thouhgt it might be active x controls because I
> would get a Active X statement that would ask if I wanted to download active
> x controls. The compnay computer person has tried to download active x
> controls and has failed. I followed the advice of this message board and
> enable all ative x controls in the tools menu/options/security but I am still
> unable to load my web site. I use xp Professional and IE Version 6. Any
> suggestions?
>
> James

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I looked in manage add-ons and they are all enabled. In the publisher
section i have 2 untrusted and all of the others are in Trusted Root
Certifications Authorities. I can not determin if there are any that need to
be updated. what do i look for?

James

"Dilligaf" wrote:

> First of all which active x are you trying to reload. does your company use a
> proxy server ( Ask IT people ) also look in tools \ internet options \ manage
> add-ons and see if there are any active x componets that are disabled sort
> them by publisher ( Click on the Publisher tab) and see if there are any that
> can be updated it sounds like your company might use Macromedia flash on
> there main page and it is not loading correctly on your browser. These are
> some things you might want to look at.
>
> "James" wrote:
>
> > I use the company web site as my default web page. When I start IE the flag
> > in the upper right hand corner will not stop waving and there is a status bar
> > that will not complete. I thouhgt it might be active x controls because I
> > would get a Active X statement that would ask if I wanted to download active
> > x controls. The compnay computer person has tried to download active x
> > controls and has failed. I followed the advice of this message board and
> > enable all ative x controls in the tools menu/options/security but I am still
> > unable to load my web site. I use xp Professional and IE Version 6. Any
> > suggestions?
> >
> > James

dilligaf

Once you highlight the addon the update addon will un-gray if there is a
update.