missing files since broadband connection

Hi
I really hope that someone can help me. Since I have installed my ADSlL
broadband connection I cannot search for files or folders, cannot find
system restore as when I click on this there is a blank page, have lost
the windows media player etc Has anybody any ideas - I think it is
something to do with system 32 files but not sure.

Thanks

--
Karenj
1 answer Last reply

    In article <Karenj.1v0idn@pcbanter.net>, Karenj.1v0idn@pcbanter.net
    says...

    > Hi
    > I really hope that someone can help me. Since I have installed my ADSlL
    > broadband connection I cannot search for files or folders, cannot find
    > system restore as when I click on this there is a blank page, have lost
    > the windows media player etc Has anybody any ideas - I think it is
    > something to do with system 32 files but not sure.

    Do you have a firewall or at least a NAT Router between your computer
    and your Internet connection?

    If you don't have protection and you are connecting directly to the DSL
    modem, it's very likely that you're compromised/infected.

    Read and follow these links as needed to fix your system:

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
    that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
    at them.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    AdAwareSE can be found here:

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
    http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

    You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
    from here:
    http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

    Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

    These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
    name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
    get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
    admitted to in this group.

    When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
    in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.

    If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

    Only download files from Trusted Sites.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me