pumpkinslion

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
when i turn on my computer,screen comes up [esc boot menu,f1 set up and f10 system recovery but it stays at that screen,is there any way i can get to f1 or f10 without using keyboard,any subjections welcomed,i even placed a recovery disc in so when i turn it on hoping it would go to cd or maybe i need some help on how to make it automatically go to cd or and how to do the above without using mouse cause when i plug mouse in i see it blinks few times but then lights go out,help me with these issues

G

If you can't get a keyboard to work, I don't see how you are going to navigate within the BIOS setup screens to change the boot order to have any chance that the computer will go into Windows install repair mode.

Sounds like a job for the computer repair guy.

pumpkinslion

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
If you can't get a keyboard to work, I don't see how you are going to navigate within the BIOS setup screens to change the boot order to have any chance that the computer will go into Windows install repair mode.

Sounds like a job for the computer repair guy.
is there a way to check why keyboard lights/blinks on when i plug it in then lights go out

G

It's just power being connected -- same on my desktop when I switch the wall socket on, it doesn't tell you anything except that the keyboard is connected.

G

@pumpkinslion thanks for the personal message but I'm afraid that from your description the computer has a hardware problem-- it may be a hard disk issue, thus it gets as far as the BIOS starting screen but stops there.

However, if the rest of the system was working you would be able to enter the BIOS -- I assume you have tried pressing the appropriate F key to enter the BIOS but nothing happens.

In case it's faulty memory, look to see if there are two memory modules and remove one and see if that helps. If it does not, remove the second memory module and replace the first. Try again.

If it's not memory then it may be the motherboard. So you need help from a repair guy to confirm that and replace it if needed.

The keyboard and mouse seem secondary issues and not all that relevant, but of course I could be wrong.