Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 information bar on limited account

September 7, 2005 10:08:02 PM

What's the difference between running the internet explorer 6.0 sp2 on
Limited Account and Administrator Account? because sometime when use IE 6.0
sp2 on administrator to browse the internet i see information bar pop-up that
has a blue shield/question mark i think it's a security questions icon with
message this site might require the following ActiveX control: click here to
install on a the website but when i use IE 6.0 sp2 on limited Account i
don't see the information bar at all that has a blue shield/question mark
icon. can some one explain please? or direct me to a website which explain
the difference when running IE 6.0 sp2 on limited and administrator.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 2:18:00 AM

Log on to that account and run a thorough check for hijackware.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/tshoot.html

When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1
(http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware. **Post
your log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
for expert analysis, not here.**

--