Checker.exe has stopped working

hotwheels1997

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Hello guys recently i started to get this error during doing nothing on my PC.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: checker.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 508dbf95
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e211319
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b9bc
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1026
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
How to fix it? It's really annoying when watching movies buch of errors to be popping up.Thx in advance!

hotwheels1997

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Guys please help,i really need it!!! I don't want to reinstall my windows but whatever everything i tried don't wont so only the help you gave me will determine wether or not to reinstall and i really don't want to.Thanks in advance!!!

hotwheels1997

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011

Well where exactly to look for it? I haven't even heared of the program.The last program i've installed is Uplay ,getting ready for AC3

The checker.exe process is located in the installation folder for WashAndGo in C:/Program files. On Windows XP the file size of the checker.exe applicaiton is 71680 bytes. The checker.exe file opens in a visible window when launched, If WashAndGo is configured to run on startup, checker.exe will run when Windows boots up

hotwheels1997

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011

Man listen,i have never installed this program called Washandgo.I just installed it and now i'm going to delete it hoping for a miracle.

Did you look in the folder for the program to see if it was even there?

And I guess it just magically appeared out of complete thin air on your pc right? Maybe you installed something else and it was bundled with it. Do you read when installing things and how many other apps, toolbars, searchbars, they try and install on your now when you're trying to install something unrelated? You have to read each thing you agree to.

do a search for that file on the "computer" and in all locations, including non-indexed locations.
If nothing is found, open regedit.exe as an admin and do a search there to see where it is loading from; It might be an old program that didnt' uninstall.
From what I've read, it could also be malware threehorseman or something like that. so do a virus and malware scan.

beatlebattle

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I'm having the same problem. The error shows up after like 30 minutes - 1 hour after startup. I've looked everywhere but I can't find a trace of this washandgo program. Looked through my register and my files but theres nothing called like that. My AV didn't find anything either (Microsoft Security Essentials). Also I've read somewhere else it could be an error coming from your xbox controller drivers. I don't know how to fix it but maybe this helps a bit.

Jeremy Allen

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
I'm going to help you as much as I can! I just did 20 minutes of research on this.. Seems to be another really annoying, tough to assassinate virus. Here are 2 links with more detail. After a lot of people grinded to find the solution, it was done!

Apparently what really worked well was AVG to get directly at this virus. After the virus, they ran Adwcleaner to fully get rid of this problem..

It's going to take patients if it's your first time taking out a virus like this! I believe that Maleware Bytes also has an Assassination Tool for programs that wont uninstall.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you fixed this problem!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475791/checkerexe/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Mark Renton

Honorable
Jun 14, 2013
I know it's been a bit late but, i have the same problem. I found checker exe in user/AppData/Local/Temp/joxintsk(or sth) It uses 50 of CPU of my laptop. When i open the .exe file it gives me a black window which says:
[2013-06-14 09:38:03] Need to specify at least one pool server. Input server details URL: