Request assistance with XP Home problem

OK! This may be something someone has previously described
before, but I can't resolve it. I am running Windows XP and
have all the updates. When I open a folder, I can not get
the stupid software to save my preferred settings for the
folder. I desire to have the address bar appear in the
header of the folder.

I have opened the "View" menu a hundred times, click
"Toolbars", and click "Address Bar" so that the check mark
appears. I then click "Lock the toolbar" so that the check
mark appears. I then open the "Tools" menu, click the
"Folder Options" tab, click the "View" tab, and click "Apply
to All Folders". Then I click "Ok", close everything,
reboot, and I'm back to square one with no address bar
visible in the folders.

Does anyone understand why this happens? Can anyone propose
a solution?

Many thanks for your assistance. I suspect that it's
something simple, but I am at a loss as to how to resolve
the dilemma.

Please email me at nospam1953@bellsouth.net.

personally i dont have a clue but i downloaded windows updates an i
ended up with a virus, every time i went to download updates either
something went wrong or something went missing which as you can see
is relly frustrating... my best advice to you is this..

GET LINUX.. get yourself of sus9.3 to start with install it and learn
how to use it you can dual boot them both and linux will
automatically partition everything for you so you dont have to worry
about loosing data..

Suse is great, its more secure , more reiliable and you only install
what you want none of this stuff that just clogs ya memory up..
seriously tho try it out you will be amazed and its really quite
easy to use, join a linux forum and you will get all the help you
need and there are hundreds of people on line.

"andrew_Playford" <Andrew.Playford@cps.gsi.gov-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message news:aKWdnT6X_8H0-73eRVn_vA@giganews.com...
> personally i dont have a clue but i downloaded windows updates an i
> ended up with a virus, every time i went to download updates either
> something went wrong or something went missing which as you can see
> is relly frustrating... my best advice to you is this..
>
> GET LINUX.. get yourself of sus9.3 to start with install it and learn
> how to use it you can dual boot them both and linux will
> automatically partition everything for you so you dont have to worry
> about loosing data..
>
> Suse is great, its more secure , more reiliable and you only install
> what you want none of this stuff that just clogs ya memory up..
> seriously tho try it out you will be amazed and its really quite
> easy to use, join a linux forum and you will get all the help you
> need and there are hundreds of people on line.

You cannot spell. You have no idea what punctuation is. You couldn't
construct a sentence correctly if your very life depended on it. You have
no idea of how to use capitalization. Your post makes you appear to be an
idiot with a third grade education, yet you want us to take your advice?

In a venue such as this newsgroup, you are judged by your posts. Yours is
one of the most absurdly ridiculous posts I have seen in a long time.

With your obviously limited mental capacity, I am surprised you can even
spell Linux, must less install and use it.

You are an ignorant troll...emphasis on ignorant.

As far as joining a Linux "forum", if you are an indicator of the kind of
people who frequent them, I'll pass.

Did your parents have any children who are not brain damaged?

Bobby

Please get a clue and stop using a computer. You obviously didn't
download "updates", but installed the virus from a spoof.

andrew_Playford wrote:

> personally i dont have a clue but i downloaded windows updates an i
> ended up with a virus, every time i went to download updates either

Aside from not having the knowhow to use a capital I when required, you
also dont have the street smarts on how to avoid installing viruses on
your computer.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

In article <aKWdnT6X_8H0-73eRVn_vA@giganews.com>,
Andrew.Playford@cps.gsi.gov-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid says...
> GET LINUX.. get yourself of sus9.3

Or get Fedora Core 4 if you want more device support and a larger team
doing the development / updates. FC3 and FC4 had not failed to install
on any of our systems, we've had issues with Mandrake and SUSE.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

> NoNoBadDog!wrote:
"andrew_Playford"
<Andrew.Playford@cps.gsi.gov-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote
> in message news:aKWdnT6X_8H0-73eRVn_vA@giganews.com...
> personally i dont have a clue but i downloaded windows updates an i
> ended up with a virus, every time i went to download updates either
> something went wrong or something went missing which as you can see
> is relly frustrating... my best advice to you is this..
>
> GET LINUX.. get yourself of sus9.3 to start with install it and
learn
> how to use it you can dual boot them both and linux will
> automatically partition everything for you so you dont have to
worry
> about loosing data..
>
> Suse is great, its more secure , more reiliable and you only
install
> what you want none of this stuff that just clogs ya memory up..
> seriously tho try it out you will be amazed and its really quite
> easy to use, join a linux forum and you will get all the help you
> need and there are hundreds of people on line.
>
> You cannot spell. You have no idea what punctuation is. You
couldn't
construct a sentence correctly if your very life depended on it. You
have
no idea of how to use capitalization. Your post makes you appear to
be an
idiot with a third grade education, yet you want us to take your
advice?

In a venue such as this newsgroup, you are judged by your posts.
Yours is
one of the most absurdly ridiculous posts I have seen in a long time.

With your obviously limited mental capacity, I am surprised you can
even
spell Linux, must less install and use it.

You are an ignorant troll...emphasis on ignorant.

As far as joining a Linux "forum", if you are an indicator of the kind
of
people who frequent them, I'll pass.

Did your parents have any children who are not brain damaged?

Bobby

well thats a bit harsh you abviously like your windows man!! and for
not being able to install it well i would like to see you try!!!

whay do you have to bring paretns into it, to me that just shows your
immaturity and if the posts here are judged well m8y i would think
yours is the worst as this is a forum about opinions and windows
problems .. now if my opinion offended you well thats your own fault
but to start slagging off parent s and stuff well my 5 year old bro
chas more maturity..

every one is entitled to their opinion.

TRENDING THREADS