Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Black Ops 2 Framerate change

Last response: in Windows 7
November 20, 2012 9:01:38 PM

Hi there,
Recently I purchased Black Ops 2 off steam and when I first played it for a few days the frame rate was great and I was running on max graphics settings with no worries but in the last day or two the performance and frame rate of the game has decreased and I have no idea why (Possibly a wrong system update or graphics driver I installed?). I would update the graphics cards but I would want to make sure that I was getting the right updates and everything I need. Could someone please suggest some updates/downloads I should get and what action I should take in order to restore the initial performace? I have a feeling it has something to do with the drivers or graphics cards or something related, I just don't know what or how to fix it! ALSO After updating the Catalyst control center to 12.10 upon opening it has the error message "No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly please install the appropriate AMD driver for your hardware... HELP!!!

-HP Pavillion dv6 3204ax
-AMD Phenom II N870 i3 processor 2.30GHz
-4GB Ram
-64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
-Switchable Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550M + ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250M with AMD M880g Chipset

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
November 20, 2012 9:20:19 PM

That's the fault of the game - they did a patch that pretty much moved it backwards. Everyone's had drops in framerates, and those of us that were fine before are getting a LOT more lag.
November 20, 2012 10:05:13 PM

Best answer selected by CharlieHNZ.
m
l
Related resources
November 20, 2012 10:07:09 PM

Oh phew I was really worried it was my system :p  So are you or anyone aware of an easy way to downgrade the patching?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 21, 2012 11:04:33 PM

It's doable, but it's a pain, and, well...

If you're running a different version of the game, the servers are gonna be MIGHTY empty, because you can only group with those running the same release as you.
m
l
!